DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

I'd say here, because nobody really uses the Books forum to announce someone signed a book deal, and the Upcoming Movies thread is more for movies that have actually been made and are definitely going to be released. Whereas Zoe Quinn signing a book deal and selling the movie rights to the book to tell her side of the story is... somewhat game related.

Well, I'm back after forgetting my password.

In the time I was gone, I Platinum'ed Red Faction Guerrilla, Smart As, The Last of Us PS3, and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.

Can't wait for Fallout 4 next week and wondering when I'll physically have the free time to play it. No sleep?

• Like 1

I'd say here, because nobody really uses the Books forum to announce someone signed a book deal, and the Upcoming Movies thread is more for movies that have actually been made and are definitely going to be released. Whereas Zoe Quinn signing a book deal and selling the movie rights to the book to tell her side of the story is... somewhat game related.

yeah, pretty much what I figured.

Don't let any gamergaters near any lakes or ponds, they'll instantly kill all the freshwater fish with their saltiness over that news.

Blizzard spoiled the next adventure for Hearthstone at Blizzcon... and it goes live next week instead of being dragged out for months like usual!  League of Explorers features some interesting cards, an interesting new mechanic (Discover), and a super powerful legendary just like the other two adventures (Brann Bronzebeard, 3 mana for a 2/4 that makes your battlecries trigger twice).  Should be a nice addition to the game.

I'm still plugging away on ladder, when I have time.  Finding more luck carving through the aggro with freeze mage than with anything else.

• Like 1

I made it to level 40 in DESTINY as a Warlock who is transitioning to Stormcaller full-time. I'm also using a Hand Cannon because being Space Sheriff Thunder God is a blast. That game is exactly as fun as who you're playing it with. This is not a knock against the shooting, which all feels fantastic. This is a knock against their storytelling and worldbuilding, which is melting and in the case of the Taken King content relying on the idea that I want Nathan Fillion to talk to me. This is a fallacy. I do not.

I bought two USB NES controllers, for the playing of WINDJAMMERS and SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER. I am embarking on an existence where, when I have friends over, this is a key part of the experience. It seems neat so far. 

And then I came into a copy of YOKAI WATCH, purchased for me by a dear friend. I'm about an hour in. Here's a dialog exchange, roughly paraphrased.

Whisper, insistant ghost: "I'll always be there for you."

Me, but 12 years old: "That's great, but I'm starting to feel a little bit like Little Bo Peep."

Whisper then does a loop in the air, transforms, and

CTWcZAHUcAAppB6.jpg

Play the demo to see if you can play the game and have fun, because that's the level of writing you're up against. I am enjoying it, to be clear.

Anyone playing Black Ops 3? It's the first CoD game I've played in awhile and I like a lot. I totally suck at regular multiplayer, but I fare much better at hardcore mode where it's usually one hit kills along with no map and minimal hud. I also like Arena mode a lot and it's MOBA-like ability draft.

I know glfpunk played CoD in the past, but I wasn't sure if he or anyone else was up for some team play on the PS4.

Anyone looking to pick up Fallout 4 and doesn't have a next gen system yet, Best Buy seems to be running the old Gamestop deal where trading in your old 360 (250gb)  or PS3 slim gets you $125 toward the One/PS4.

Anyone playing Black Ops 3? It's the first CoD game I've played in awhile and I like a lot. I totally suck at regular multiplayer, but I fare much better at hardcore mode where it's usually one hit kills along with no map and minimal hud. I also like Arena mode a lot and it's MOBA-like ability draft.

I know glfpunk played CoD in the past, but I wasn't sure if he or anyone else was up for some team play on the PS4.

I didn't get into the beta really and planned on not getting it because of that and fallout but I know some other people playing it also and really liking it so I might have to pick it up after all.

I fucking hate that deal they run because their only concern is the SKU. I had a 250 gb HD in my old 360 that I transferred to my 360 slim, but it doesn't matter to them.

If I'm reading the fine print correctly, you can still get $75 for any 360 you trade in and the extra $50 is just for their minimum requirements.

I beat XCOM: Enemy Unknown like a pussy because it's really not that hard when you just reload a save every time you go around a corner and the boogieman is there.

I've started a new game with a couple of the Second Wave options turned on and in Ironman mode so I can't cheat like a bitch and I'm saying as such normal difficulty is enough for me. With Ironman Mode I see no reason so far to go full masochist with those higher levels where the CPU gets cheat bonus aim and extra global panic. This will end in rage and in Earth being conquered as is.

Other than "this is a good video game", my other main thought playing through it was that XCOM would make a really great TV series.