DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

I love pinball machines, but could never get into video pinball at all. I'd like to try the Bob's Burgers and Family Guy tables and so on to see if they're fun, but I'd hate to spend money to do so.

Not very far into it at all, but the Witcher 3 expansion DLC is neat-o.

I love pinball machines, but could never get into video pinball at all. I'd like to try the Bob's Burgers and Family Guy tables and so on to see if they're fun, but I'd hate to spend money to do so.

I'm the opposite--I love pinball, but have a hell of a time with physical machines because I can't see the top of the playfield. 

Horizon Chase is my current mobile addiction.  It's heavily based on 8- and 16-bit driving games like Rad Racer, Top Gear and Victory Run. I wish there were an Android version (as my iPad isn't super comfortable to game on) but it's pretty cool regardless.

Not very far into it at all, but the Witcher 3 expansion DLC is neat-o.

You can download the demo of Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade with all of the tables.

how was Telltale's Walking Dead Season 2 btw? Loved the first one but completely blanked on the second one for some reason

Didn't have the emotional weight the first one had but it was still really good.

Third Strike is even better, even though I suck at all SFIII versions as evidenced by my reliance on Chun-Li.

Might be the best game on the Dreamcast, though.

Okay, I've had Witcher 2 on my 360 Hard Drive for awhile now. Is the story in that game at all relevant to Witcher 3? Also, is it still worth putting any time into overall? I know the reviews were largely high at release.

Completed Max Payne 3 on medium. Don't imagine I'll be trying to complete it again on hard, very hard, or very very hard short time limit no health mode. It's... not as bad as I thought it would be after my first session. But it's not... when you think of games made by Rockstar, there's a level of quality they have. And Max Payne 3 is below par on those terms. There's just not that much to it, it's just a shooter and nothing else.

I also ran through the Saint's Row 3 DLCs I hadn't done before. They're awfully short. You can see why they decided to make SR4 a complete different game, once they realised it would take more than 20 minutes to play through the whole thing.

Yep. FirePro D is really good, too, and easy to navigate even if you don't know any Japanese. 

Speaking of, I have a sealed copy of FirePro Wrestling Returns that I need to get around to. 

I've had Returns in my sights for a while because I can pick that up via US PSN. I'm looking at prices to import FIre Pro D and they're not as extravagant as I thought they'd be, but still more than Returns. Which should I go for?

Does Returns have all the goofy DLC moves that D had? Like the muscle buster with the massive jump in the air? Those were great for our created promotion. We had God and Satan as these two unstoppable dudes that just wrecked fools with those kinds of moves. He-Man, Skeletor, and Jesus were a tier beneath them. Fire Pro is the best. 

• Like 1