DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

The moral to that entire movie being made is very clear. If you're going to be homeless, please at least have the decency to be beautiful enough so we can make something out of you.

Winner!

This kind of sounds like a teen movie where the geek is ostensibly hideous but once you take off the glasses and give them a shower and a nice hairstyle, they're a model.

I smell crossover~!

DUFF 2, ftw.
  • Like 1

What in the flying fuck was that?

Where the fuck are the Misfits?

Where the fuck is Eric Raymond?

Where the fuck is Crispin Glover fulfilling his ultimate destiny and playing Techrat?

I get how you can fuck up Transformers and GI Joe, they've been around forever and have had several different iterations, but how do you fuck up Jem?

Why am I so angry about this?

• Like 2

I get how you can fuck up Transformers and GI Joe, they've been around forever and have had several different iterations, but how do you fuck up Jem?

From the Studio That Brought You PITCH PERFECT

From the studio??? Has anyone ever tried to make as desperate a tie-in like that?  

I mean, Jesus, it's Universal...it's the Studio that brought you JAWS: THE REVENGE.

• Like 1

I guess this belongs here...

That is some generic-looking tripe.  It's Hannah Montana meets The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants. Way too sanitized and dull.

Looks like their strategy for it was "Hey, let's eliminate everything that made the series fun and charming and kitschy, thus destroying the nostalgia that will make older fans see it."  That's certainly a.....move of some sort. 

It's like they have to MAN OF STEEL every goddamn thing.  I'm awaiting the Alvin & the Chipmunks reboot where Dave is like: 

"Alvin?  Alvin.  ALVIN?" 

And they're like

"Alvin's checked out, Dave.  He's hitchhiking to North Dakota to get work on an oil train.  He said something about needing to feel the pain before he could forget it."

"Jesus, guys.  Well shit.  Silver Bells in A flat.  and 2 3 4."

• Like 4

The reboot would be Miles Teller as a songwriter who has a nervous breakdown and imagines the Chipmunks as a coping mechanism, with Anna Kendrick as the supportive counselor who helps him harness the madness and find his song again. Because everything has to be earnest and talking chipmunks are silly.

That's not Jem and the Holograms. That's someone watching Josie and the Pussycats and deciding it would be better without the post modernism.

• Like 1

From the studio??? Has anyone ever tried to make as desperate a tie-in like that?  

I mean, Jesus, it's Universal...it's the Studio that brought you JAWS: THE REVENGE.

I've seen a few movies advertised this way.  It's pretty awful.

There's a variation on it that's almost as bad: "From the producers of..." 

"So the studio execs who maybe found the money to make that one movie you liked and at best had a hand in hiring talent and maybe driving some of the creative but didn't actually write, direct or act?  They're doing the same for this shitpile so buy a ticket you mongs."

That's not Jem and the Holograms. That's someone watching Josie and the Pussycats and deciding it would be better without the post modernism.

Josie and the Pussycats really was amazing.

• Like 2

What in the flying fuck was that?

Where the fuck are the Misfits?

Where the fuck is Eric Raymond?

Where the fuck is Crispin Glover fulfilling his ultimate destiny and playing Techrat?

Why am I so angry about this?

Forget Glover as Techrat...I want Eric Bischoff as Eric Raymond...

I mean, the first time I saw heel Bischoff in WCW I was like, "shit, he's the bad guy from Jem come to life!"

What the fuck is Jem and the Holograms, and why would anyone besides the (now) 30+ year olds that watched it while it was active on-air care if it's not true to the source material? I assume it was a once coveted 80s cartoon show from the picture posted earlier. Tweens and some teens will eat that shit up, nothing else matters.