DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Hunter Thompson liked to drink with Pat Buchanan. Never forget this.

Maybe the problem is we aren't as drunk as JBL? Although that's probably too expensive to be sustainable.

FWIW, I don't drink anymore because I've had one too many nights that might qualify as JBL drunk. Unfortunately, it might be the only way to get through three hours of Raw these days. Points to BL for a Hunter S. Thompson reference.

Really though, it's Vine. Instagram killed that app 2 years ago. Does anyone other then a couple of 14 year olds who still use Vine and wrestling fans even know about the meme? Yeah I know some soccer player did it, but I don't buy this meme re-igniting anyone's career.

Really though, it's Vine. Instagram killed that app 2 years ago. Does anyone other then a couple of 14 year olds who still use Vine and wrestling fans even know about the meme? Yeah I know some soccer player did it, but I don't buy this meme re-igniting anyone's career.

It won't re-ignite anyone's career.  But does anyone know about it?  Someone must, because my Facebook feed has been stupid full with it. 

The Cell has completely been killed for me at this point. Lack of blood, the fact that they force it because of the time of year and dedicated ppv, not sure what it is. Maybe Rollins/Ambrose can do something innovative and entertain me. This card for the ppv as I read it is horrendous.

• Like 2

Maybe it's just me, but the Cell looks less "scary" than it used to, as well.  I hate the redesign they did a few years ago.  The old one actually looked like some kind of torture chamber or some shit, now it just looks like a big fence.

Probably isn't defined by his successes so much as the lopsided scale of monster guys pushed down throats to little/no success vs. guys who were smaller and didn't get there.

Ones that didn't work out with similar pushes? Punk....Benoit.......RVD.....maybe Shamrock.

On what planet did Punk not "get there"?

Stasiak?

• Like 5

The Cell has completely been killed for me at this point. Lack of blood, the fact that they force it because of the time of year and dedicated ppv, not sure what it is. Maybe Rollins/Ambrose can do something innovative and entertain me. This card for the ppv as I read it is horrendous.

I don't care for the blood thing when it comes to the cell. What kills mean is how there's not hate or fear. It's like they put the cage around a match because it's a gimmick PPV and some match had to do the gimmick.

Sheamus vs Orton was the worst fucking cell match. Between both guys taking bumps off the cell and popping up from them within opening minutes to the convoluted spots to it being boring as all kinds of shit because it was 25 minute of Orton selling. The worst part was Orton climbing the damn thing afterwards. Stop it. You are not Brock Lesnar.

The only non-blood Cell matches I've enjoyed have been Taker/Edge and Taker/Triple H. All of the rest of them may as well have just been streetfights.

Remember when HBK and HHH went nearly an hour in their HIAC match?

Has father time been kind to that match? I remember it being really divicive at the time but FWIW I enjoyed it even if it felt like a forced epic

I've never heard anyone outside of WWE say anything kinda about any of the HBK/HHH matches, with Summerslam 02 and Dec 03 Raw being the exception.

A huge part of the problem with WWE right now is that everything is so same-y and predictable that nothing stands out. Requiring blood in every cell match would make them just as predictable and yawn-inducing as having a yearly gimmick PPV devoted to the cell.

• Like 1