DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Vince's attraction to the hoss v hoss stuff

when i was a kid renting WWF VHS tapes, i remember being super psyched for Ultimate Warrior vs Hercules. 

and then i watched the match and it was, of course, terrible. after that i stopped caring about bodybuilders as it pertains to pro wrestling.

that being said, i'm reading up on Hercules on wikipedia right now and i'm suddenly interested in Herc vs Hogan from SNME so who the hell knows?

If memory serves me correct I liked that Hogan match. Hogan SME matches tended to be at least good/watchable. Some was pretty good to great. 

• Like 2

Nash and Bam Bam actually have a really solid match on episode 108, I want to say, of RAW. But then they turn Bam Bam, too, who is immediately lost in the shuffle behind Razor, HBK, Kid, Bret, 'Taker, etc. 

We talked last month about Razor not ever being WWF Champion, and I thought that Razor should have turned heel and got the belt at some point in 1994. To me, that's even more interesting than turning Nash. I also think they should have turned Luger and pushed him as a heel instead of sticking him in a tag team with Bulldog. I think Luger/HBK and Luger/Bret are things I would like to watch develop, and as a bonus, heel Luger against Bret Hart would have given both those guys something to do beyond what they were shunted into because there were too many faces being pushed at the same time.

Vince's booking decisions at that point sort of mystify me. 

I mentioned last month that I still think they should have turned Luger at Summerslam instead of Tatanka.  D-bag Luger with Dibiase as his manager would have been damn good I think, and given them a much stronger top heel than Owen and Backlund.

Fuckin' hell, we just learned tonight that Daniel Bryan is the stupidest man on Earth. Dean Ambrose offered to throw him a bachelor party and he turned him down. A bachelor party thrown by DEAN AMBROSE! I mean, Jesus, I can't even imagine what that would consist of!

Probably about 8 dead hookers.....
And the "party" is less of a party and more of a "do me a solid and help me bury these ... Hunter was really eager to help at first, but when he found out what I needed he quickly lost all interest ..."
  • Like 1

Is Vince has obsessed with giant dudes as we insist he is? The New Gen was led by Bret, a smaller technical guy, and Shawn the smaller high flyer. Austin wasn't really a Hogan/Sid level giant dude. 90's Flair, Edge, Rey, D-Bry, Christian, CM Punk...all top of the card/top guy wrestlers that weren't hosses.

On the giants side, there's Hogan, Warrior, Diesel, I guess The Rock...Cena. I don't think I'd count Undertaker, he's a top of the card legend because he's Taker, not because he's massive.

Sheamus is probably comparable size-wise to Rock and Cena. Also, Big Show and Mark Henry are massive guys who got big pushes and (more importantly) big contracts. Kane got a massive push from the get go too.

With the popularity of the RKO meme, when Orton inevitably hits one on Cena tonight, are we looking at the biggest pop of the night?

With the popularity of the RKO meme, when Orton inevitably hits one on Cena tonight, are we looking at the biggest pop of the night?

Only if Cena trips going down the steps and falls over the upper deck railing, so Orton can come flying out of nowhere.

• Like 1

Tonight might be the night for the Big Show to bust out a in memoriam Heart Punch.

Ox's wikipedia (yea I know) says that Ox didn't stick in 1980 WWF due to ringwork concerns. And considering the fed, uhm, yeah.

He had a lengthy run in the WWWF in 1967, so make of that what you will.

There's a very real possibility if that meme continues it could turn him babyface again. But really, Orton probably needs to switch it up about every 12-18 months in order to keep himself fresh anyway.

WWE will run the Orton meme into the ground when Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler talk about how much fun the meme is and how the WWE Universe loves to have fun while JBL throws in how you can see all the RKO's you want for just $9.99. Nothing says fun quite like white bread Michael Cole, a drunk Republican in a cowboy hat, and 64 year old pedophile.

• Like 7

There's a very real possibility if that meme continues it could turn him babyface again. But really, Orton probably needs to switch it up about every 12-18 months in order to keep himself fresh anyway.

WWE will run the Orton meme into the ground when Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler talk about how much fun the meme is and how the WWE Universe loves to have fun while JBL throws in how you can see all the RKO's you want for just $9.99. Nothing says fun quite like white bread Michael Cole, a drunk Republican in a cowboy hat, and 64 year old pedophile.

vince.jpg

WHO LEAKED THE SCRIPT?!?!?

• Like 2

Drunk Republicans > Sober Republicans

• Like 2