DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

How badly would the ratings tank if they announced an all-Diva edition of Smackdown as the supposed brainchild of Vickie Guerrero and pushed it on WWE TV for the two weeks prior? 

I don't think it would do all that well ratings-wise, but I think it would be an interesting idea that I would like to see thrown out just to see what happens.  If they can bring in some former Divas for one-shot appearances that runs the risk of the veterans making the current roster members look bad, though.  With reports that Kharma is set to return to WWE, that would present some interesting scenarios for her to come back.

Although this should be in the NFL thread, RIP to one of the more legendary WWE announcers of all time:  former Baltimore Colt Art Donovan 

In tribute to Art Donovan, I have to ask how much did the casket weigh?
  • Like 5

How badly would the ratings tank if they announced an all-Diva edition of Smackdown as the supposed brainchild of Vickie Guerrero and pushed it on WWE TV for the two weeks prior?  I don't think it would do all that well ratings-wise, but I think it would be an interesting idea that I would like to see thrown out just to see what happens.  If they can bring in some former Divas for one-shot appearances that runs the risk of the veterans making the current roster members look bad, though.  With reports that Kharma is set to return to WWE, that would present some interesting scenarios for her to come back.

The only interesting thing about that would be seeing how a crowd of 50 looks in an 8-10,000 seat arena.

How badly would the ratings tank if they announced an all-Diva edition of Smackdown as the supposed brainchild of Vickie Guerrero and pushed it on WWE TV for the two weeks prior?  I don't think it would do all that well ratings-wise, but I think it would be an interesting idea that I would like to see thrown out just to see what happens.  If they can bring in some former Divas for one-shot appearances that runs the risk of the veterans making the current roster members look bad, though.  With reports that Kharma is set to return to WWE, that would present some interesting scenarios for her to come back.

The only interesting thing about that would be seeing how a crowd of 50 looks in an 8-10,000 seat arena.

Sounds like a Herb Abrams show.

...wait...What was that about a Kharma return? Give me information!!!

The rumor is based on WWE reactivating the trademark to her name a few months back and her scrubbing references to herself as Kong and Kia from her Twitter.  I've read reports that there are ongoing negotiations.  That doesn't make them true, though.

How badly would the ratings tank if they announced an all-Diva edition of Smackdown as the supposed brainchild of Vickie Guerrero and pushed it on WWE TV for the two weeks prior? 

I don't think it would do all that well ratings-wise, but I think it would be an interesting idea that I would like to see thrown out just to see what happens.  If they can bring in some former Divas for one-shot appearances that runs the risk of the veterans making the current roster members look bad, though.  With reports that Kharma is set to return to WWE, that would present some interesting scenarios for her to come back.

Problem is with the average length time of Diva matches and promos, you'd have to have about 20 matches on Smackdown just to fill time.

Problem is with the average length time of Diva matches and promos, you'd have to have about 20 matches on Smackdown just to fill time.

Well, obviously you'd have to let them have longer matches.

DEBATE: Antonio Cesaro would main event every PPV from here to the end of his career if he were to steal Alex Wright's armpit dance.

COUNTERPOINT: Alex Wright would main event every PPV from here to the end of Antonio Cesaro's career if he were to return and do his armpit dance.

Only a month or so ago I read a short interview with Alex Wright and he said he was training to get back in the ring(guy isn't even 40 yet) so let's hope it happens!

• Like 1

Important Article alert!

my buddy @RhodesWrestling is tackling my difficult question of ranking B-level WWE Champions using the criteria of "How much would you pay to see them wrestle a Bear?"

http://rayrhodeswrestling.wordpress.com/

Today's Episode: The Miz vs Fozzie

Didn't AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and a few other indy guys already make those videos a few years back?

• Like 1

Important Article alert!

my buddy @RhodesWrestling is tackling my difficult question of ranking B-level WWE Champions using the criteria of "How much would you pay to see them wrestle a Bear?"

http://rayrhodeswrestling.wordpress.com/

Today's Episode: The Miz vs Fozzie

Didn't AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and a few other indy guys already make those videos a few years back?

If Miz had started a couple years earlier, he could've done it too. Rick Bassman booked a number of UPW guys (including Daniels) for that gig.

Netflix just added the documentary part of For All Mankind The Life and Career of Mick Foley to streaming

I started watching it yesterday and really digging it. My wife was amused when I explained that Mike Rotunda was, in fact, Bray Wyatt's dad.

What are the best matches to end in a no-contest, double DQ/count-out, or other result that doesn't have a clear winner?  Ideally, I'd be looking for a match where the outcome is seen as the "right" booking decision and isn't a disappointing finish that takes away from the quality of the match.

Austin/Angle at SummerSlam in my opinion it's Angles best match ever and dude should have been a huge face for the company star after that (plus 9/11 happened just weeks later how did Angle not become the Hulk Hogan of the new century).

• Like 2