DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I think Cena working a long-haired hippie gimmick could be awesome.

Instead of preaching about "Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect" he could give promos about how his newly dubbed Chain Commune should practice "Peace, Love, and Oneness." He could eventually become really persuasive and eventually take his message to the streets amassing a cult-like following of long-haired, disheveled wrestlers.

Except it wouldn't be a cult. It would be an army. A Hobo Army.

Cena's Hippie Hobo Army could fight for Vince to gain control of the WWE back from HHH and Steph and their corporate champion Orton. They would eventually win when one of the Hippie Hobo Army slips Orton some edibles and he gets his third strike.

I mean, it basically writes itself.

• Like 3

In 20 minutes, Raw replay is on Mun2, Global is on ESPN Classic, and lucha of an undetermined type is on Time Warner Deportes (it's "Lucha Libre Mexicana"). This makes me feel like it's '98 all over again.

EDIT: Oh, and Main Event is on Ion. DAMN~

• Like 1

Hulk Hogan is developing a movie about his life. We can only hope that it includes some of his more egregious lies (for example, Undertaker dropping him on his head in 1974).

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/07/hulk-hogan-movie-biopic/#ixzz2bKaUy98k

I'm really, really hoping that he takes a Howard Stern Private Parts approach and plays himself through the years.

If it doesn't include a scene where he kills Andre with the famous bodyslam, I'll be pissed. I also would like a scene where he turns down Metallica offering them a place in their band.

If it doesn't include a scene where he kills Andre with the famous bodyslam, I'll be pissed. I also would like a scene where he turns down Metallica offering them a place in their band.

Not to mention his phone call with George Bush Sr. about going over to end the first Gulf War.  Has to be in there.