DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I was checking out the PWG BOLA results from last night, and there was this:

Drake Younger def Joey Ryan via Drakes Landing on Legos that Joey brought into the ring

Not being familiar with Younger, I had to look up Drake's Landing.  Turns out it's a Vertebreaker.  On Legos.

Ouch.

Even post- awesome truth rtruth was getting a good amount of mic time as a whacky face. Then Bourne went down as they were relaunching the tag division (yet again). Kofi needed a partner and I don't want to speculate as to why rtruth was chosen by creative. However, once they started teaming truths personality disappeared overnight and he eventually ended up practically off tv altogether.

Inability to travel internationally and his knee injury at Money in the Bank.

Let's talk about R Truth....come on he is a vet, can talk, had a main event In Your House program with Cena and nailed it. Wtf?

I believe I agree with that. Also thought they dropped the ball on Miz&R-Truth: Lead Pipe Terrorists.

Truth got suspended for a wellness violation and when he came back, they broke up the team, turned Truth face, and pushed him into the tag team with Kofi.  I assumed the face turn and midcard demotion was more punishment.

Let's talk about R Truth....come on he is a vet, can talk, had a main event In Your House program with Cena and nailed it. Wtf?

I believe I agree with that. Also thought they dropped the ball on Miz&R-Truth: Lead Pipe Terrorists.

That Hell in a Cell ending was phenomenal. Only time Miz looked legit, with the lead pipe massacre on everyone while the cell is closed. Plus JR and Booker going nuts. "We need street justice"

This was an awesome chaotic end to a PPV and really set up Awesome Truth as credible rivals for Rock & Cena at Survivor Series...

... then they shot 4 weeks worth of angles with lawyers and contracts and non sense that watered the whole thing down instead of keeping it simple and putting their two best guys together to quell the threat Awesome Truth now pose. 

Drake Younger def Joey Ryan via Drakes Landing on Legos that Joey brought into the ring

Not being familiar with Younger, I had to look up Drake's Landing.  Turns out it's a Vertebreaker.  On Legos.

Ouch.

From what I know Drake Younger gained his reputation having gruesome deathmatches in IWA-Mid South and othe Mid West indies and then solidified his rep by being a technically skilled wrestler admittedly I only know Drake Younger from watching him on the Chikara King of the Trios 2008 DVDs 

Ouch.

I'd rather take a Vertebreaker on light tubes, than take it on Legos.Well at least it wasn't Mega Bloks.

Truth got suspended for a wellness violation and when he came back, they broke up the team, turned Truth face, and pushed him into the tag team with Kofi.  I assumed the face turn and midcard demotion was more punishment.

They also used the suspension to try to establish "Miz, serious bad-ass", didn't they? By hitting the Skull Crushing Finale on Truth on the ramp, I believe, to write him out.

That Hell in a Cell ending was phenomenal. Only time Miz looked legit, with the lead pipe massacre on everyone while the cell is closed. Plus JR and Booker going nuts. "We need street justice"

This was an awesome chaotic end to a PPV and really set up Awesome Truth as credible rivals for Rock & Cena at Survivor Series...

... then they shot 4 weeks worth of angles with lawyers and contracts and non sense that watered the whole thing down instead of keeping it simple and putting their two best guys together to quell the threat Awesome Truth now pose. 

I think HHH/Punk vs Awesome Truth was next. Then Nash interfered, Truth won, which led to Cena needing to get the Rock.

Or something.