DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Does the jabroni host start to ask her about how big different wrestler's dongs are and she flips out and breaks his stupid fucking neck?

Because I'd watch it if that happened.

• Like 3

I just watched the Nitro in which Rey Mysterio infamously is lawn-darted into the side of the production trailer by Kevin Nash, and that isn't even the craziest thing that happens in that whole segment. The craziest thing would be Savage diving onto the limo and trying to punch the nWo through the moonroof as the limo speeds away. 

Segment-for-segment, a surprising amount of early nWo stuff is just as exciting as it was when it first aired. The one thing that aged the worst about it was Hogan as a heel. Back at the time this all happened, I was too young to remember Hogan as anything but a mega-babyface, so heel Hogan was an incredible novelty to me. Looking back on his work without that freshness of him being a heel, he's really terrible. It's two incredibly cool guys in Hall and Nash hanging out with this dork that still has the cheesy voice and who hams it up like a total goof. 

I think my favorite version of Hulk Hogan is "over the hill, not what he used to be, but can recapture 1985-level performance on some nights" Hogan from 2002. I can't wait for a fifty-year old Cena to inherit that role at some point in the future. 

Does the jabroni host start to ask her about how big different wrestler's dongs are and she flips out and breaks his stupid fucking neck?

Because I'd watch it if that happened.

Sadly, no.  Just the one in the trailer about Batista.

Does the jabroni host start to ask her about how big different wrestler's dongs are and she flips out and breaks his stupid fucking neck? Because I'd watch it if that happened.

Sadly, no.  Just the one in the trailer about Batista.
ha, I hadn't watched the trailer. I just assumed that because she's a woman they had to ask her about dongs.

first post (somehow couldn't join the old board)

Kofi's redebut should have been as a barista this week.  I think Ghana produces coffee, it only would've made sense.  Obviously this would be a heel character who throws hot coffee and ground coffee in other guy's eyes.

Instant feud with Bryan:  "you just drank whole milk...."

• Like 1

Sheamus ✔ @WWESheamusWell. @WWE will be a lot less Cetlic for up to half-a-year, me #MITB shoulder is banjacked... No tears. It's not me drinking arm.

So I watched the whole "Beard is Here" segment, and the nagging feeling I had when the feud started has come back. Vince said Daniel Bryan was like a mini-Mick Foley, and I thought, oh yeah, that's the way to go. Push him as the weird alternative champion like Foley was. 

But the more they push it the more it feels less like Foley and more like Eugene. 

But, you know, it's Daniel Bryan so I'm keeping the faith, but yeah they're teetering on the edge here.