DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I don't think the lifts would make that much difference. I was was watching him wrestle the New Skyscrapers in 90 and they were not much taller. Saw this one match from 06 and he is shorter than Matt Hardy. Did he have some back surgeries or something. My dear dead Daddy broke his back in the 70's. He swore to me, he was once 6 ft 2. After his back surgeries in the 90's, he was under six foot.  

I don't think the lifts would make that much difference. I was was watching him wrestle the New Skyscrapers in 90 and they were not much taller. Saw this one match from 06 and he is shorter than Matt Hardy.

Spivey's 6' 8", so the difference between him and Animal is about the same as between Animal and Tazz.  Hell, Eddy was shorter than Tazz.

I don't think the lifts would make that much difference. I was was watching him wrestle the New Skyscrapers in 90 and they were not much taller. Saw this one match from 06 and he is shorter than Matt Hardy. Did he have some back surgeries or something. My dear dead Daddy broke his back in the 70's. He swore to me, he was once 6 ft 2. After his back surgeries in the 90's, he was under six foot.  

Early mid90s, I think. While Hawk was doing the Hell Raisers gimmick with Sasaki.

• Like 1

I don't think the lifts would make that much difference. I was was watching him wrestle the New Skyscrapers in 90 and they were not much taller. Saw this one match from 06 and he is shorter than Matt Hardy.

Spivey's 6' 8", so the difference between him and Animal is about the same as between Animal and Tazz.  Hell, Eddy was shorter than Tazz.

I did not mean Taz size literately, just that he was really short.

Pretty excited for Summerslam this year. Not at all excited for the next NJPW show though. WWE & New Japan flip-flopped for me in that regard lately. Still love New Japan, just have no interest in seeing Prince Devitt at the top of the card. I have the show but am just yet to watch it so far.

I think I have been most entertained lately by the blunders of TNA. I don't watch their show anymore but just reading about them & hearing other people talk about them cracks me up. The whole #AskDixie Twitter fiasco was hilarious to me.

A friend brought me a wrestling magazine from 1975 the other day. Reading through it, I came the conclusion that the talk of wrestling was worse but the actual shows were better back in the day. Nowadays, the talk of the shows is better but the actual shows seem worse. Admittedly, I am older & my tastes have changed dramatically. Just having a good match doesn't seem to be enough for me anymore. I need a good story or good characters too.

Don't know if I can start a thread so I'll post about indy stuff here.

August has some shows of interest around here.  SICW has another legends' weekend with Jerry Lawler throwing out the first pitch at the Gateway Grizzlies game on Friday 8/9, then a wrestling show at the ballpark on Saturday 8/10 with a hair-vs.-hair match.  Others scheduled:  Baron Von Raschke, Rocky Johnson, Ken Patera, Harley Race, and Larry Matysik.

Friday 8/9 also has St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL with Davey Richards, Darin Corbin, Arik Cannon, and A.C.H. on the card among others.

A newer group called Central States Championship Wrestling has NWA Champion Rob Conway in for a show in Cahokia, IL on the 31st.  Former WWE developmental wrestler Byron Wilcott is on the card as well.

#yaywrestling

Ideally this will be free of all talk of whether or not females who like "geek" things are fake or not.

But are we free to talk about greasy spoon diners, 24 hour restaurants, and pancake/waffle houses?

• Like 1

Has anyone ever done a hair vs. hair match with two bald guys?

I've always thought that when they have Raw Roulette, they should have a well-groomed heel end up in a hair vs hair match with a someone who has a shaved head.  They haven't done that, have they?

I was far too young to remember the Warriors first run in the WWE but if I'm remembering correctly which admittedly I'm probably not as I haven't rewatched any of it but if I remember correctly in the last days of WCW animal seemed of average hieght he didn't stand out much from the rest of Magnificent 7 as in he didnt seem shorter or taller the Steiner or Jarrett or the rest of them

Has anyone ever done a hair vs. hair match with two bald guys?

I've always thought that when they have Raw Roulette, they should have a well-groomed heel end up in a hair vs hair match with a someone who has a shaved head.  They haven't done that, have they?

Toryumon/DragonGate did a "Loser has to grow their hair out" between two Arai and Yagi.  Both had a shaved heads, the pay off was they both had to grow out their hair and the winner got to go back to being shaved.

Ideally this will be free of all talk of whether or not females who like "geek" things are fake or not.

But are we free to talk about greasy spoon diners, 24 hour restaurants, and pancake/waffle houses?

Not for an hour, for I am hungry!