DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

And if he didn't get hurt, you know that Piledriver would only have been a 2 7/8th's count.

Seriously though I hope he's all right. But man, why do people have to do such suicidal things in the indies. Do they think the extra crazy move on their youtube music video is really going to impress someone that much?

• Like 3

There was that one 1993 Raw where Mr. Perfect pinned Rick Martel during the break.

Plus that one Razor-Kid match where Razor pinned him three times; the second pin happened during a break.

Why does my brain hang onto things like this?  I do not know.

Ok I'm asking you guys for a favour...a few weeks back on a site that talks about Wrestling Classics, there was a talk of a Ric Flair shirt where he wore a 70s style jacket that was made into a shirt/sweatshirt. Can any of you fine people send the shirt site link?? Many thanks...

I

I remember noticing that early on too. The moment Cole's voice suddenly changed a pitch, we knew it was going to break.

The best is when Cole switches to his "GOING TO COMMERCIAL" inflection after a spot, and they don't cut to commercial......

He does it on ppv, right in the kind of situations when it would happen on RAW, all the fucking time.

• Like 2

There was that one 1993 Raw where Mr. Perfect pinned Rick Martel during the break.Plus that one Razor-Kid match where Razor pinned him three times; the second pin happened during a break.Why does my brain hang onto things like this? I do not know.

I'll have to go back over my ARCHIVES but I'm pretty sure RAW ended once with a match just starting. Like during the entrances Vince was like "We gottta goooo enjoy Silk Stockings!"

There was that one 1993 Raw where Mr. Perfect pinned Rick Martel during the break.Plus that one Razor-Kid match where Razor pinned him three times; the second pin happened during a break.Why does my brain hang onto things like this? I do not know.

I'll have to go back over my ARCHIVES but I'm pretty sure RAW ended once with a match just starting. Like during the entrances Vince was like "We gottta goooo enjoy Silk Stockings!"

14-year-old me sure did enjoy Silk Stockings...

• Like 1

Is that the actual MF Doom at the 5/3 Chikara show in NC? Dude looking exactly like him is in the front row and constantly on screen, next to another dude hiding his face.

It was Undertaker vs. Skinner.  Yup.

Says something that I remember stuff from 1993 Raws better than I remember stuff from Smackdown earlier this year.

There was that Nitro where Hogan vs. The Giant started as the show ended, and they kept going back to Nitro during commercials breaks or something on the next thing on (which my memory says was some Robin Hood something, but I am far from confident of that.)

from today's Observer update:--If you would like King Kong Bundy to appear at your house for a party and live in New Jersey, particularly on a Monday to watch Raw, he is looking for gigs. Can be Raw parties, PPV parties, birthday parties, weddings, BBQ parties

• Like 1

from today's Observer update:--If you would like King Kong Bundy to appear at your house for a party and live in New Jersey, particularly on a Monday to watch Raw, he is looking for gigs. Can be Raw parties, PPV parties, birthday parties, weddings, BBQ parties

This is really tempting. I'd love to hire King Kong Bundy to run errands with me. Picking up dry cleaning ,buying cat food, going to the bank, etc. The look on my fiancee's face would be worth the hell I would be put through when King Kong Bundy shows up at our door.

Sad news if you're a fan of PRIME Wrestling.

They just put a post on facebook that pretty much says their TV show has been canceled. Even though they claim it's temporary, reading between the lines it sounds like FOX, which now owns STO, hates the show.