DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

the stream is messing up at the main event anyone else having this problem I wanted to watch the whole show straight through for once, Branks vs Flair was my Motn so far and Zayn vs Neveill was getting good it started messing up.

It happened when I watched it last night, too.

And if you think the "marking out" chant was bad, I went to the Reality of Wrestling show tonight, and there was a group of assholes chanting "Test of strength! Test of strength!" over and over again at the beginning of EVERY. FUCKING. MATCH. They even had signs, one for each word.

i've ragged on the Balor cosplay thing in the past but I have to say that entrance was tremendous, the 'Muse' style music and the production was spot on

The music is really what helps set the mood for his entrance. Kinda similar to how Drew McIntyre's entrance package really made him out to be a big deal.

Is there any idea what happened to him(brass ring not withstanding), because he seems to be everything they want in a star.  Not to mention, his double-arm DDT looks devastating.

Issues outside the ring. He and his now ex-wife Taryn Terrell (who was ECW GM/Smackdown diva Tiffany at the time) had a public fight at a Playboy party. He also got into a bar fight with Alberto Del Rio.

Is there any idea what happened to him(brass ring not withstanding), because he seems to be everything they want in a star.  Not to mention, his double-arm DDT looks devastating.

He had the charisma of a pebble and no one gave a shit about him. They tried hard as fuck to push him and still wasn't getting any kind of reaction in 2010 nor was he getting any better until they stopped pushing him. Hell, Kofi took him out of the match early in that MITB in 2010 so he wouldn't embarrass himself.

i finished watching the R-Evolution and the Main Event was insane, i wish I couldve watched the show  all at once though. i cant image TLC top[ing this but I can imagine some guys in WWE would try to at least. I just hear a review of the show and someone mention that this show was basically a reward for watching NXT for the past 4-5 months and I agree because every match 3has built up nicely overtime. HHH has done a good job with letting the talent grow on the audience. My only concern is with KENTA though because I think Devitt is getting more shine so far and I dont believe Itami should start out his run as a tag wrestler but I understand they dont want him in the main event scene yet.

This way the first special that I watch all way through.

People are saying that HHH is using NXT to show Vince how that he is a better booker and really cementing it as a separate entity in a sense If so then I dont want Neveile of Zqayn to get called up anytime soon since I dont watch RAW or Smackdown

Alright, fuckers...fine.

I soured on the Network and the WWE product in general during October and dropped the network November 1st.

Now I have to get it again because it's sounds as if this show will "re-light the pilot," as it were.

Don't start with this show. I mean, it's amazing. But start from the last Takeover and see the build-up of everything to the pay-off. I don't think it would work as well as a standalone thing.

I haven't watched any NXT since the second Arrival and this worked plenty good for me. All the packages told me everything I needed to know (Otami getting battered 2 on 1 til his friend joins him, Neville winning via questionable means, etc). Show was awesome.

the stream is messing up at the main event anyone else having this problem I wanted to watch the whole show straight through for once, Branks vs Flair was my Motn so far and Zayn vs Neveill was getting good it started messing up.

It happened when I watched it last night, too.

And if you think the "marking out" chant was bad, I went to the Reality of Wrestling show tonight, and there was a group of assholes chanting "Test of strength! Test of strength!" over and over again at the beginning of EVERY. FUCKING. MATCH. They even had signs, one for each word.

Ok, is this a Texas thing? The same chant broke out at the ROH show in San Antonio that featured Briscoe vs Richards

I also enjoyed the show. A couple points:

- CGraves did a fine job on commentary.

- FBalor entrance as the sexiest go-go boy at Burning Man was fun.

- BCorben still does nothing for me.

- Sea chantys are good but chanty crowds are shite.

- FOwens still plays to the crowd constantly, ugh. Nice entrance music. As I saw it, he got his color the old fashioned way: he bladed. It looked like he kept the gigger in his mouth. When he came out later, there was no swelling or discoloration that often come with a bruised or fractured nose. Also, he still had his color on - if it was truly verboten wouldn't he have been cleaned up? I am sure management was down with this.

- Tag match was disappointingly sloppy in spots and had a crap finish.

- Ladies match was brilliant. SDRey was one of the best workers when she was active, mostly because she could put together a match better than almost anybody. It has carried over to her training and laying out.

- Speaking of ring geniuses, thee appearance of the night was Pat Patterson. I feel like he had his hand in laying out the feud for the main, as it had his subtle brilliance on it.

better than the main roster? definitely more fun,

RAF

So yeah, I picked up another month of the Network. I watched that NXT show.

Goddamn I love pro-wrestling and it looks remarkably like whoever is producing and booking NXT does too.

• Like 1

TheeReverendAxlFuture, on 15 Dec 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:TheeReverendAxlFuture, on 15 Dec 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

- FOwens still plays to the crowd constantly, ugh. Nice entrance music. As I saw it, he got his color the old fashioned way: he bladed. It looked like he kept the gigger in his mouth. When he came out later, there was no swelling or discoloration that often come with a bruised or fractured nose. Also, he still had his color on - if it was truly verboten wouldn't he have been cleaned up? I am sure management was down with this.

RAF

I'm sure Owens decided to break one of the biggest rules in WWE his debut match thus ending his dream job as soon as it starts. Parker must have bladed his palm as well to really sell it.

• Like 1

The assertion that KO bladed is one of the more laughable things I've seen here. He got his nose legit busted wide open. I've had my nose broken a couple times and have been bopped in the nose for whatever reason and bled like hell without having my nose broken. In the latter of those, I bled more and wasn't bruised or swollen afterwards. 

• Like 1

I still think it looks like he bladed. As I said, he would not have done it without approval. Gigging the bridge of the nose is done to achieve such an effect. If he did, more power to him. If not, it was some sloppy punching.

- RAF

Rev, I've watched a lot of your work from your ring days for Carmine in Milwaukee, I've read some of your writings in your old Clawhold mag, and I respect your opinion... But you are wrong here. Owens was busted open hardway. CJ Parker even posted a nasty photo of his hand on Twitter mentioning it was split open to the bone.

Got around to watching Takeover: R Evolution and gotta echo all the love. It was a really fun show. Kevin Owen's debut was good. The first time I watched I didn't care for Parker having any offense but it worked for me a bit better on a second watch. The main event was so great. I loved the turn at the end too. Having no announcers as they had already "signed off" was a great touch.