DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

Adam Pearce has outted himself as one of the producers for NXT: R-Evolution.

Why do I get the feeling that Trips was a secret Indy mark in the 2000s and this is the manifestation of that?

I don't know if Trips was a secret indy mark, but he seems to let the NXT guys work in a way that fits their talent, instead of trying to get the NXT talent to change to fit the system.  Ive always believed that the true mark of a good coach/manager is whether they believe that their system is the reason for their success or their talent is the reason for their success.  I believe that talent is the reason for about 90% of success in sports and/or entertainment and that the guys who can use their talent most effectively are the best at their jobs.  HHH seems to understand the talent at NXT way more than Vince understands the talent of the main roster.  Zayn and Neville were put into a position to tell a really good coherent story based on the skills that they actually have.  They weren't asked to cut 20 minute promos, they were asked to get the feud over in the ring.  Neville didn't have to talk people into believing he was a jerk, that isn't his skillset.  He used his ring work, his #1 talent, to make the crowd believe in his character change.  So when they actually did do a promo segment, he didn't have to convince them of anything, they were already invested.  Sami, who is actually pretty good on the mic and great at being sympathetic, did the heavy lifting with the promos.  Zayn and Neville worked, because they did everything that they are good at, and nothing that they are bad at.  Yet, every time we see Roman Reigns, he is asked to fumble over his words in a promo that makes him look like a loser.  Reigns should be booked like Goldberg or Sting when they were hot in WCW.  He should be the guy who kicks the shit out of people, and leaves without saying a word.  If they want to make "Believe That" his catchphrase, that should be all that he says.  They are trying to get him over by putting him in a position to be his absolute worst, which makes no sense whatsoever.  That is the biggest difference between NXT and the main WWE roster, one group is put in a position to be their best, and one group is put in a position to be their worst.  One manager uses his talent to guide how his show is built, and one tries to fit his square talent into the square holes of his program.

• Like 7

I still think it looks like he bladed. As I said, he would not have done it without approval. Gigging the bridge of the nose is done to achieve such an effect. If he did, more power to him. If not, it was some sloppy punching.

- RAF

Rev, I've watched a lot of your work from your ring days for Carmine in Milwaukee, I've read some of your writings in your old Clawhold mag, and I respect your opinion... But you are wrong here. Owens was busted open hardway. CJ Parker even posted a nasty photo of his hand on Twitter mentioning it was split open to the bone.

The alleged deep cut into Parker's palm that he posted a pic of online was clearly a work.  He painted a speck of green on his palm and they did the rest with computers.

• Like 1

I still think it looks like he bladed. As I said, he would not have done it without approval. Gigging the bridge of the nose is done to achieve such an effect. If he did, more power to him. If not, it was some sloppy punching.

- RAF

Rev, I've watched a lot of your work from your ring days for Carmine in Milwaukee, I've read some of your writings in your old Clawhold mag, and I respect your opinion... But you are wrong here. Owens was busted open hardway. CJ Parker even posted a nasty photo of his hand on Twitter mentioning it was split open to the bone.

The alleged deep cut into Parker's palm that he posted a pic of online was clearly a work.  He painted a speck of green on his palm and they did the rest with computers.

The conspiracy goes deeper than that. This "Kevin Owens" changed his name. Used to be "Kevin Steen". Probably a long list of pseudonyms. Also this CJ Parker used to be a lifeguard and all of a sudden he's a wrestler? The whole thing is fishy.

• Like 7

That was a good post supremebve I shudder to think what this new gimmick is they have planned for Neville on the main roster. I was hoping we'd get a full blown Neville heel run in NXT because I think it would really help him as a worker. He could've put over Balor and Itami on the way out.

Neville is the most spectacular wrestler in the history of the WWE. It shouldn't be that hard to just let his ring work get him over then you can add the nuances to his character(like being a little too cocky or using questionable methods to win etc) from there.

What is this weird feeling I'm having? It's familiar, but it's one I haven't felt in a long while...

I think it's the anticipation for an episode of NXT! I'll be honest though, for about a couple months now I really look forward to watching NXT. Meanwhile, I couldn't give a shit about Raw. Hell, I totally forgot about the PPV on Sunday.

• Like 6

What is this weird feeling I'm having? It's familiar, but it's one I haven't felt in a long while...

I think it's the anticipation for an episode of NXT! I'll be honest though, for about a couple months now I really look forward to watching NXT. Meanwhile, I couldn't give a shit about Raw. Hell, I totally forgot about the PPV on Sunday.

This is exactly where I am. I have ZERO fucks to give for Raw/Smackdown/PPV yet my love of NXT is a hot....sweaty...intoxicating thing. It consumes me. I tingle....I.....

I've said too much.

Look, even my 10 year old daughter, who likes watching wrestling with her old man, is going to look at "ALIEN ADRIAN NEVILLE" and say "dad, listen to him. He's from England. That's dumb."

Wrestling is not, nor will it ever be, the movies.

What the fuck is wrong with this company? And Neville isn't going to say shit because he's getting called up and grabbing for Vince's brass ring will amount to him landing in the doghouse. If you're HHH, a guy who knows terrible gimmicks, wouldn't you want to say, "Fuck that, he can stay in NXT if that's the best you have for him"?

A fucking alien. The fucking state of this company.

• Like 1