DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

That's some seriously bad coaching right there.  Good lord.  You don't wanna punt?  I get that.  Tell your guy to roll out and heave the ball into the stands.  Or, you know, teach him the actual rules.  Ugh.

My eye actually started twitching when I read this:

"Let's take the context of the word Panthers,'' [former Redskins QB Jay] Schroeder said. "It's an animal, but let's recall what happened in the 1960s with the militant groups (the Black Panthers). If you're going to take that context, you can take every word and look at it and decide what your own meaning is going to be.''

I certainly don't agree with him, but if your going to make that your argument, at least do it with a team name that might stick. Buffalo Bill Cody did his part to push the species to the brink of extinction, and Vikings, Raiders and Buccaneers are all illusions to violence committed upon weaker groups. The Cardinals were a blatant rip off of the baseball team. Not that I agree with any of that bullshit, but if your going to make the argument. . . 

My eye actually started twitching when I read this:

"Let's take the context of the word Panthers,'' [former Redskins QB Jay] Schroeder said. "It's an animal, but let's recall what happened in the 1960s with the militant groups (the Black Panthers). If you're going to take that context, you can take every word and look at it and decide what your own meaning is going to be.''

And he's not even the former Redskins quarterback that headbutted a wall.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11819670/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-enter-plea-lesser-charge-felony-child-abuse-charge-avoid-jail

AP Pleads out, gets $4,000 fine and 80 Hours community service.

Had he not been an athlete, he'd be in jail.

Rumblings say that the Vikings players want him back, if Heir Goddell takes him off the exempt list.

I expect more fun things.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11819670/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-enter-plea-lesser-charge-felony-child-abuse-charge-avoid-jail

Rumblings say that the Vikings players want him back, if Heir Goddell takes him off the exempt list.

He should now be suspended for the rest of the year. We all know better of course. . . .

Disagree, first time offenders for this type of thing usually just get probation or community service, athlete or not.  Way too lazy to look up statistics but this random non-famous person was on the first page of a google search so he will have to do as an example.  Parents generally don't get thrown in jail for going too far with corporal punishment as a first time offense unless the child was almost killed/had serious injuries, I see it in the local paper on a regular basis.

The issue that AD has right now is that all this time, he was getting paid.  If it had been a non-paid suspension, I'd say that he had done his time or close to it.  But since he has been paid all this time he still needs a suspension, likely for the rest of the year.  If this falls under the new domestic abuse suspension rule he should get six games anyway that would effectively end his season.

Why do you guys act like there is any legitimate logic behind any of these punishments? So what is the punishment going to be for, child abuse or being found guilty of a misdemeanor? If it is specifically child abuse, he should get 4 games(1st time offense), if it's misdemeanor he should get zero. This is the issue they are going to have, they can't possibly know the facts of a case that never went to trial. Is it going to be their policy going forward to punish players based on tmz reports? Suspending people for misdemeanors would open a can of worms that would be counterproductive to the entire disciplinary policy. My issue with all of these punishments from the beginning is that they have no logic behind them, they are/were just punishing players to get them away from the teams, not because the care about the players, victims, or the crimes.

The issue that AD has right now is that all this time, he was getting paid.  If it had been a non-paid suspension, I'd say that he had done his time or close to it.  But since he has been paid all this time he still needs a suspension, likely for the rest of the year.  If this falls under the new domestic abuse suspension rule he should get six games anyway that would effectively end his season.

What they were saying on ESPN last night is that they expect he'll just have to repay a bunch of the salary he got while suspended and that'll be the end of it.

I think it's gonna be awesome when AD gets reinstated and he's a 30 y/o running back who's been out for a season. 

My Facebook has multiple people on it hoping that the Vikings release AD so the Lions can sign him.  "We whip our kids in Detroit too" - actual quote.

I hate my friends.

• Like 1

I think it's gonna be awesome when AD gets reinstated and he's a 30 y/o running back who's been out for a season. 

My Facebook has multiple people on it hoping that the Vikings release AD so the Lions can sign him.  "We whip our kids in Detroit too" - actual quote.

I hate my friends.

As the great Phil Rippa once said "I hate the fans of the teams I love."

• Like 1

And then the Raiders sign him to complement MJD

What?  Dude!  What?  

Sigh.  And sadly, AD would be their only offensive weapon.  God I hate football.

What?  Dude!  What?  

Sigh.  And sadly, AD would be their only offensive weapon.  God I hate football.

No he wouldn't. He'd have to stay in to block/save Derek Carr's life every play. :):(

• Like 1

What?  Dude!  What?  

No he wouldn't. He'd have to stay in to block/save Derek Carr's life every play. :):(

Well, I mean...naw.  Not going to make an inappropriate joke about beatings.

God I hate football.

I thought of this thread yesterday at the Ravens game.  I bought a bottled water and the person who served it to me at the concessions stand immediately opened it and threw the cap in the trash.  I told her I needed the cap and she told me they had to throw them away due to "league rules." 

Can some of the more legally-minded among us please explain why the league might have rules against giving me the bottle cap?  All I can think of is that a closed bottle makes a better projectile.