DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

If I can actually figure how to attach/host the file, all of you will hear me reading Irsay's tweet in the Macho Voice.

[There are many responsible uses for the "voice memo" feature of an iPhone.  Me?  I use it one time and it's to pretend to be Randy Savage.  Figures.]

I don't have a problem with the Beats thing other than the fact that the league should give the courtesy of not switching things up mid season.  Give the players info like that at the start of the season and let it be.  If they sign new deals throughout the season let the implementation not start until next season.  Either that or the players union can grow some balls at some point. 

Side note: Beats are fucking horrible.  People's fascination with these extremely overpriced headphones that produce average to mediocre sound quality at best is alarming.  It's normal though I guess because Bose is pretty much the same way. 

• Like 1

Its a status thing.  I mean, i know there's a difference a good pair of headphones can make, but honestly, most Beats headphones I've tried, I get the same quality out of my packed in earbuds from my Galaxy S3.  

• Like 3

As I understand it, they basically were the company that finally mastered noise canceling, but, much like BEATS, they have way too much emphasis on bass at the expense of the mid-range sounds...

• Like 1

Beats look nice and are fashionable.

If you wanted the best sound quality, you'd carry a standalone MP3 player capable of FLAC plugged into a portable amp with nice headphones plugged into that. If you're gonna just listen to Spotify on your phone, nice headphones are a complete and utter waste. I don't even bother with half decent cans for that exact reason; I use LG Tone+ bluetooth stereo headphones because I like the hands free aspect.

People pay more than $10 for headphones? Just to listen to music/TV? What parallel world are you living in?

For real. I don't know much about sound technicals and shit, but 300 dollars for a pair of headphones is ridiculous. Hell, haven't you people heard if your local dollar store?

• Like 1

People pay more than $10 for headphones? Just to listen to music/TV? What parallel world are you living in?

For real. I don't know much about sound technicals and shit, but 300 dollars for a pair of headphones is ridiculous. Hell, haven't you people heard of your local dollar store?

Five bucks all day.  And these white ones I'm wearing look like Beats by Dre knockoffs.  Good enough for what I use them for.

Well, for some people (including myself), the higher-end earphones and headphones bring out the sound noticeably better than cheap ones.  Also, the real high end stuff has changeable cables, which was always the problem I have with other earphones when the cables go bad.

I listen to a wide variety of stuff from early John Tesh to J-pop/J-rock to thrash metal, so headphones like Beats aren't really conducive to my listening style.

I really love the headphones from Monoprice. Monoprice also reminds me of Monster and their overpriced as shit products, which aren't any better than cheaper alternatives. I guess the same can be said about Beats and Bose.