DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

Schefter and Mort seem to be particularly pissed about being lied to, and those two probably have as much access to people around the NFL as anyone.  Those are the last two dudes they should have been lying to, even if they lied to everyone else. 

Schefter and Mort seem to be particularly pissed about being lied to, and those two probably have as much access to people around the NFL as anyone.  Those are the last two dudes they should have been lying to, even if they lied to everyone else.

And presumably Peter King too (i dont read MMQB).

Mort and Schefter are watching the Steve Bisciotti press conference like...

skeptical-gif.gif

Hell, that's me right now watching the shit on SC.. Haircut and all.

It's like watching a 6 year old in trouble trying to "because he's a poopy head!" and blame someone else for being stupid. Mah bawd, watching his botox'd to death face try to think of what to say was a total wtf.

God, I really hope that new series fails miserably.  I need something to get all these Breaking Bad people to shut up already. 

So, Kelvin, guess what show I just started watching on Netflix this past weekend?

Yeah, he's been AD since at least college.  *shrug*

Hopefully, before too much longer, it will stand for All Done. In Minnesota, at least.

Ramen.

• Like 1

I'm in an NFL.com fantasy league, and I just read this unfortunate choice of words:

Peterson's legal team is pushing for an expedited trial for his felony charge of injury to a child, NFL.com reports. However, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the NFL will severely discipline Peterson, even if he reaches a plea deal.
  • Like 2

It is the best way to handle it.  A trial could drag out for months if the prosecution wants to dig into AP's past.  The quicker he pleads, the quicker he gets sentenced, the quicker he gets counseling, and the quicker it gets put behind him.

But he's going to take a lie detector test to prove his innocence, there won't even be a trial.

THALMA MARTIN: Cultivator of the “negro please” facial expression.

tumblr_kxbqhnKPRO1qb1zrko1_500.png

Is there a reason he wants to go to trial? Or is this just posturing before the inevitable plea deal?

Taking a plea seems to be the best course of action for everyone involved. Say he settles this around the second week of October, does the NFL give him 6 games? Or will it be more?

Is there a reason he wants to go to trial? Or is this just posturing before the inevitable plea deal?

Taking a plea seems to be the best course of action for everyone involved. Say he settles this around the second week of October, does the NFL give him 6 games? Or will it be more?

I look at it this way.  A trial will dig up all the kids from his baby mamas and may result in additional charges.  More than likely, it will not be finished until early next year.  So he risks opening a can of worms and possibly a suspension for next season if he is found guilty.

If he pleads he could get off easy, keep that can of worms unopened, and be ready for training camp next season.

• Like 1

I look at it this way.  A trial will dig up all the kids from his baby mamas and may result in additional charges.  More than likely, it will not be finished until early next year.  So he risks opening a can of worms and possibly a suspension for next season if he is found guilty.

If he pleads he could get off easy, keep that can of worms unopened, and be ready for training camp next season.

It would depend on the charge. If its a misdemeanor, probably(though in the current climate the prosecutor will be hammered if he gets a "boys will be boys" special) a felony, though more unlikely would seem to keep him out longer. .  .

At some point though, and I think we probably passed it, it doesn't matter whether Goodell saw the tape. That he created an environment that could allow him NOT to see the tape is as damning. Lack of institutional control should be a fireable offense as well. . . .