DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

Not sure if I should put this here or in the Network thread.

If Im pretty sure Im going to miss Summerslam can I watch it right away on the network or should I get it started before it ends?

It goes into the vault pretty quick after the show ends. 

Also, at least on some devices, you can start the live stream and select "start at the beginning" instead of "now" if you are going to be getting in at 9:30 est or something.

Just was reading through this...there was nothing organic behind Reigns' push. Joey Mercury came up with the gimmick to introduce all three guys, and in their first match they interfered in a PPV MAIN EVENT involving Punk, Cena, and Ryback. Organic would be Bryan, buried in the awful Nexus, fired, midcarder who rose only because of skill and fan support.

It's the exact reason people rebelled against the Rock initially (well, that and the awful outfit, haircut, and being told to "always smile" by Patterson).

Loved how much Flair and Booker plugged Ronda Rousey being backstage. Rest of the pre-show was nothing, beyond RVD surprisingly winning over Cesaro. Hogan's network plug was annoying. Miz's jedi outfit was in-fucking-credible! Paige-AJ was good, but a bit too short. Glad to see Paige with the title back. Swagger FINALLY gets an epic entrance and like at WM last year, loses the big one when he's got some momentum. The match itself was aided by each guy being injured, and gave Rusev a real chance to shine. I didn't quite like the passout finish, but loved the final visual of the evil Russians standing over the fallen Americans. Lumberjack match was crazy, and really good. I love Seth winning with the flying case shot from No Mercy. Bray-Jericho was technically fine, but not exciting. Right guy won though. Brie-Steph was okay. Steph's outfit was amazing. Nikki's turn sucked. Mama's Boy video was stupid, but at least had some amusing visuals. Roman-Orton was "shet for one fall". The match started off really rough, stayed that way for a while, and then got great in the final third. Loved the powerslam out of the spear, the RKO out of the mid-air lariat, and the punt tease leading to a spear for the win. Brock-Cena was in-fucking-credible. Holy shit was that ever great. It was like the best of their first match, but with German suplexes instead of stiff elbows and the result it should've had.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/08/wwe-summerslam-2014.html

Screens -

44e5d8345766566.jpg

b5044a345749714.jpg

8d8633345754105.jpg

3cce8e345757554.jpg

979e16345762464.jpg

113105345766329.jpg

842135345766334.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/by3y53ephac0xgbtoxziock570xpv8g7

I hate to be Mr. Negativity, but this show was tough to sit through. Nothing was actively bad except as for that Ambrose/Rollins mess, but it just wasn't very good. Every match was the same - meaningless stuff to open, meaningless stuff in the middle, finisher battle at the end - except for Cena/Lesnar because Cena was up for taking a sheer beating. Plus when Lesnar hit that early F-5 and even after Cena kicked out at two, both Lesnar and Heyman grinned knowingly that it was a harbinger for things to come, that was great.

Ambrose/Rollins made the stipulation for the match meaningless about six minutes in, had some shitty crowd brawling and wandering around ringside, and then had that terrible spot where Ambrose dove on Rollins while the latter was being carried back by the lumberjacks which was so lame and clearly set up that it took me totally out of the match. Obviously, it worked with the live crowd, so obviously "actively bad" is a more obviously subjective judgment than it would be for many other matches, but I really hated it. 

The best performer on this show was Stephanie McMahon, who is such an over-the-top evil villain. She has been amazing for months and months now. I love her faces she was making while on offense and in holds tonight. 

16 german suplexes in that match.   Man Cena is going to be in so much pain after the match  :unsure:

Based on the way Reigns looked against Orton and the way Lesnar looked against Cena, I have NO DESIRE to see that match at a major show like wrestlemania

Oh and yeah Stephanie completely dominating Brie and completely out working the entire diva roster in one match

• Like 1