DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

So great how emotional Dean was as he was about to for for the pin after hitting the curb stomp.  Like he was weeping for the pain he has to cause the man he loved.  It was like Harvey Keitel crying while shooting Tim Roth at the end of RESERVOIR DOGS.

• Like 5

This was the best PPV I've seen in forever. Everything was great and right on point. Cena and Sting are the only top guys I can think of who would ever let themselves be booked like that. I don't think I've ever seen a more uncomfortable main event, it was like WWE tried to book a wrestling match as a snuff film, it brought back memories of the first time I saw Super Dragon vs Taro.

• Like 1

I really liked the booking. I said after Mania Brock should never lose another match, and I'm not sure how they could believably have him lose again. I didn't see the opener or the flag match, but I liked most of the show.

AJ/Paige was good I like Paige's new character.

Jericho/Bray was better than last time

Rollins/Ambrose was a great spectacle that tore the house down motn for me

Steph carried Brie to a decent match

Reigns/Orton was crap until the last 4 moves

Brock/Cena was another great spectacle with some ballsy booking. I think after ending the streak they had to book Brock this strong.

Rest of the show was not awful, man.  Paige and AJ had a nice little match. Paige's DDT was pretty nasty.  I LOVED Rusev and Swagger. Rusev's selling was pretty darn good at times. He's got a bright future and the whole Russia vs. USA thing was perfect.   Ambrose and Rollins didn't have the kind of match that I expect them to have just yet but it was still fun.   Orton carried Reigns to an okay match.  The Main event was just awesome..  no other way to put it.  

• Like 1

Ambrose-Rollins was match of the night until the main. Those two smoke Reigns so hard it's not even funny. I like Roman but other than the look he is totally unready for this superhuman push he's getting. I hate to repeat myself but it's really clear Dean isn't going to figure into their main event plans until the crowd forces the issue ala Bryan.

• Like 2

How about Rusev's mastery of selling. Where the fuck did that come from?

This. I knew he could sell from how he sold the ankle lock for 3 weeks but he was like a big Slavic Ricky Morton tonight. Makes me think that he and Lana have major babyface potential.

• Like 1

Having now witnessed The Passion of John Cena...  God damn that is a hell of a man.  I don't think you could pay me enough money to take the beating he just willingly let Brock Lesnar give him.  And for an absolute tippy-top guy to go out there and not just put someone over, but to do that is insane.  Nobody else even close to his status would ever have done that.

AJ/Paige was good.  Steph/Brie was shockingly solid.  Reigns/Orton was pretty bad, and Jericho should be really glad that RVD overshadows Y2J's own diminishing returns.  The lumberjack match was out and out crazy awesome.

But that main event.

God fucking damn.

And, yeah, the idiots chanting "boring" suck at life.

• Like 5

Cena is supposedly about to be filming 2 movies at once, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was a way to write him off television for a bit.

That was an awesome show. Stephanie versus Paige please :P

I planned on watching the first match or two because its been an exhausting weekend and I need to be up at 4 am. Ended up watching the entire show because they totally nailed it from top to bottom, just about.

Main was great, with Brock just steamrolling Cena. It was the lumberjack match and Ambrose showing more fire than anyone in the company has for ages that hooked me, though.

• Like 1

Got home before the Brie vs Steph match.

Eh. Thought Brie carried that Brie vs Steph match. She did all the bumping and it was considerably less slower when she was on offense because Steph is quite nonathletic. Brie doing the suicide dive to get stopped was such a great "babyface dies spot" for a divas match. Nikki's shot look like it legit knocked her the hell out.

Thought it was amusing that they give Orton (a guy they just will NOT quit on) vs Reigns (a guy primed to be the next guy or whatever) the death spot on the card. That's all I got from that match.

That fucking title match. Cena dies regularly bumping for 5 min matches on Raw. I wanted someone to come out and poke him with a stick after Brock left. Maybe that last kid wanting Cena to still be alive.