DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

They need to do a loser leaves the country match with Swagger and Rusev next month with Zeb turning because he understands Russian Superiority now. Then Swagger can come back in a few months to feud over the US title once Rusev wins it under a mask as Mr. America 2014. 

Lesnar vs Taker HIAC at No Mercy '02

Lesnar vs Guerrero at No Way Out '04

Lesnar vs Cena at Extreme Rules '12

Lesnar vs Punk at SummerSlam '13

Lesnar vs Cena at SummerSlam '14

When you consider how many all-time great matches Lesnar's had in his very short time as an active wrestler, it's unreal. 

Fuck anyone who goes on about "passion for the business" or "paying your dues" or "part-timers taking spots." Lesnar is for-fucking-real.

Blood. And Urine. And Vomit. 

• Like 2

So great how emotional Dean was as he was about to for for the pin after hitting the curb stomp.  Like he was weeping for the pain he has to cause the man he loved.  It was like Harvey Keitel crying while shooting Tim Roth at the end of RESERVOIR DOGS.

Yeah it was a great touch to add. 

Loved the show.

-first time I honestly liked a Miz match. His current persona is a good fit for him.

-dug AJ/Paige. That face bump on the guardrail looked nasty, as well as AJ' s clothesline from the top rope to the floor was awesome.

-Swagger/Rusev was decent enough just for the story it told. I'm still pulling for a good Swagger run.

-Orton/Reigns was...okay. Reigns just isn't ready yet but he's getting there.

-Stephanie/Brie was alot better than I thought it would be. Stephanie is such a great heel.

Brock/Cena was an exhibition of brutality...and I loved it!!!

Cena is gonna do a total Rocky Balboa comeback. And it will be awesome! Holy fuck that squash was SO GOOD. Lesnar is so perfect in every way. Just a fantastic PPV, the best show since Mania. Even the lumberjacks and the divas. Reigns/Orton was the only weak spot and even that had purpose and trajectory.

• Like 1

While I think Daniel Bryan coming back and having a match with Brock would be an incredible story,  there is no way I would put him in there unless he is beyond 100%.  Unless you can tell Brock to play it safe and wrestle like he did against Taker at WM which would suck given the talent level of both of them

You mean the match where he put Undertaker in the hospital for real?

Yeah but Taker probably shouldn't have been in the ring to begin with.  He took it easier on him.   Those suplexes on Taker at WM probably hurt him but were relatively safe.  

If Brock had wrestled Taker like he wrestled Cena tonight he would have been sent to the hospital in the first 2 minutes

I don't know man, that double leg on the floor that knocked Taker out was as sick as any one move from tonight.

Of course, he didn't do it 15 more times.

Holy fuck man.  Cena is legit one tough motherfucker.

They should make Orton the next challenger and have him die in 30 seconds like Cena would've if he wasn't Cena.

so essentially Brock Lesnar is booked like 1973 George Foreman where Ken Norton gets fed to Foreman shortly after Frazier/Foreman?

and where the next try tries to out endurance Lesnar and just gets murdered for 30 minutes instead?

Like he would have had a choice to put Brock over if he didnt want to

A choice to not put him over?  Of course not.

A choice to not get a combined 90 seconds of offense while taking SIXTEEN GERMAN SUPLEXES, and a few dozen pretty stiff punches?

I loved the outcome of the main event but I won't pretend it was a great match. It was 16 German Suplexes, 2 F-5's & Lesnar getting out of both the Attitude Adjustment & STF. It put him over huge, like it was supposed to do but they weren't trying to have a great match, they were telling the story of Lesnar being so dominant that even the top dog in WWE can't stop him.