DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

If they could work a deal with Disney to bring in Drax to fight Brock Lesnar, with Paul Heyman cutting promos against Rocket Raccoon, WWE would be counting all the monies.Well...all the monies that Disney would leave them.

If they could work a deal with Disney to bring in Drax to fight Brock Lesnar, with Paul Heyman cutting promos against Rocket Raccoon, WWE would be counting all the monies.Well...all the monies that Disney would leave them.

We can't do that.  We need Drax alive for the sequels.

We also learned a valuable lesson of how many Germans does it really take to announce a wrestling PPV.   Man if you thought JBL and Cole were stepping on each other before imagine that one.  

Although Brock vs Cena with German announcers does have a interesting ring to it

They could get away with Batista as a challenger if he's willing to take a beating. 

Dave nearly shit himself when Brock got in the ring during an interview segment. I think Batista could get over as a face based on GOTG being such a hit, but I don't know that he'd want to take 1/5 the ass whoopin Cena took.

I love that there were three jabronies chanting "Boring" during the main event, but it didn't catch on because the rest of the audience realized they were watching the divine wrath of Shiva the Destroyer live and in-person

• Like 1

Seriously, even if I thought the match was boring, I'd be scared to chant it at Brock from ringside.

EDIT: Hell, I was afraid to chant it from the upper deck at MetLife, and that match actually was boring.

They need to just flip the script on the Shield guys, strap a rocket to Ambrose instead of Reigns and then feed him to Brock.  Dean can take a beating with a big grin on his face and it will absolutely make him.

• Like 5

They would probably have to pay him a yacht load of money, but it's obvious they should be shooting for a Batista Vs. Brock match between this period and Royal Rumble, which basically where they try to sketch things out for next Mania season.  Especially with Batista coming off Guardians.

Watching in piecemeal. That Swagger/Rusev match was a really good sprint. Those dudes really laid in their stuff, except for Rusev whiffing on the spin kick. But aside from that, this match was real good. Great selling from both guys and a good story. Lana's gloating over Zeb was nasty heel stuff.

Incredible show, so happy that I can see this whenever I want now.

-Glad Dolph won, hope it leads to good things.

-Paige/AJ was a pretty good match, better than the last PPV match they had.  Her post match antics left us speechless, and the only thing to say was we expect pictures and gifs of that immediately.

-Loved the flag match.  It's amazing in 2014 people would be so pissed in the crowd at Rusev winning in such an old school story.  It warms my heart actually.

-At first I wasn't sure about Ambrose/Rollins just fighting in the crowd, but was happy with how it was laid out.  Enjoyed that a lot and can't wait for more matches.

-Jericho/Wyatt had the right finish, was an okay match.

-Bella/McMahon was much better than expected, it seemed like Steph was a much better worker of the two.  Surprising and a bit alarming for Brie at that since Steph hasn't wrestled in over a decade.  Dat outfit though, holy fuck.  HHH selling the dropkick was wonderful, as was the Nikki turn.

-Reigns really needs to get away from Orton, stat.  I'm hoping he picks things up with better opponents.

-Holy shit Lesnar.  He just destroyed John.  It was just a thing of beauty, fuck the boring chants.  And that motherfucking 'Taker situp spot, I laughed so hard at that.  This is one match I'm seeing again really soon.  Holy shit.

There's really only three guys off the top of my head I'd want to see take the title off Brock. One is Daniel Bryan. The other two would be Dean Ambrose and Luke Harper. I would love to watch Brock and Brodie Lee beat the shit out of each other for a half hour. Otherwise, I'd be fine with Brock keeping the title until he decides it's time to move on.

Said this over on PWO, but I swear there was a contingent in the crowd that were there (or at least along) to cheer for Brie due to Total Divas. She got a pretty unique pop when she came out and I think they were far more shocked than the normal wrestling crowd when Nikki turned.