DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Still weird seeing all these ex "WWE-prototype" developmental guys show up on the indies. Masters, Morgan, Conway, Dupree, Spirit Squad, etc.

Masters is HUGE in my local promotion (Preston City Wrestling in the UK) - really nice bloke too

Bray Wyatt should add spitting black mist into his opponents eyes. Imagine that shit running down his beard and looking all nasty in his teeth and on his white pants. If I can't get blood, give me "demon essence."

I'm sorry about that. Deep down, I sort of want Bray Wyatt to partially morph into Kevin Sullivan.

I need this.

"Chewing tobacco"?

Wyatt should be WCW Stan Hansen?

No humblebrag here, but last night Steve Blackman was at my house for business, and I showed him the Brock/Cena match.  After laughing with disbelief about how many Germans Cena took, he asked the same question most of us asked: "Who are they gonna put him with now?".  I told him Reigns is being groomed as a challenger, and he said, "no, that's probably not gonna work".

• Like 5

No humblebrag here, but last night Steve Blackman was at my house for business, and I showed him the Brock/Cena match.  After laughing with disbelief about how many Germans Cena took, he asked the same question most of us asked: "Who are they gonna put him with now?".  I told him Reigns is being groomed as a challenger, and he said, "no, that's probably not gonna work".

Did you ask him if he knew that Bob Holly has a mancrush on him?

All kidding aside, that's pretty cool.

• Like 1

Bryan will be back for Wrestlemania and likely the Rumble, which is still 5 months away.The neck is fine, just doesn't have all the feeling in his right hand.

Oh cool, well all speculation can end now, thanks.

• Like 7

The only logical choice - bring Blackman in as a challenger

Did you ask him if he knew that Bob Holly has a mancrush on him?

All kidding aside, that's pretty cool.

Funny enough, we did talk about that once, after I had bought Holly's book.  I asked him if he read it or heard of it, because how much he put him over, and he just chuckled and said, "yeah, Bob is cool".  I really want to ask him about his fight with JBL, but I come off as a mark already and don't want to bother him, and also....I need his business.  Papa has bills you know.

• Like 1

That Shield special on the network was pretty Damn great. That last quote by Ambrose Kind of sums in up. "We're going to own the business".

Agreed. If you didn't already have a man crush on Ambrose before, you will after watching his segment. Reigns made a great point about him, he looks ordinary until he starts performing in the ring.

• Like 1

For the record, I'm a Notary Public and an insurance agent, that's why I do business with him.  I'm not on the run.  I'm just a simple cave man...

This is exactly what I told Dog the Bounty Hunter and I'm still a free man

I think as long as you give Dog the Bounty Hunter your wrong home address, you'll always be a free man.

For the record, I'm a Notary Public and an insurance agent, that's why I do business with him. I'm not on the run. I'm just a simple cave man...

This is exactly what I told Dog the Bounty Hunter and I'm still a free man

I think as long as you give Dog the Bounty Hunter your wrong home address, you'll always be a free man.

The most remarkable thing about Dog is how both Dog and his wife have an eery resemblance to Lex Luger.

Shield doc was great. I especially loved Terry Taylor shit-talking about Rollins' indie-tastic attitude and Triple H talking about sitting Rollins down for a sort of come-to-Jesus meeting. I wish there'd have been more of an explanation for Ambrose's lost (almost)year between FCW and the main roster. But we got to learn that Ambrose was raised by wolves before ending up in that Mexican prison. So that's something. 

I'm eagerly anticipating individual docs for all three men in the future. 

• Like 1