DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Kayfabe, it needs to be defended every 30 days, easy to handle.

House show business is shit to begin with. That will be the test of WWE's discipline as the title is defended at pretty much every show against challenger of the month. Can they sustain and build feuds (IC Title?) that people will pay for? My guess is no.

BTW, Cena will certainly win the rubber match. When they realize Reigns isn't the guy, he will get the shot.

I'm available

I would re-up my Network subscription if I could get Brock murdering Dennis Stamp while shouting at him, "Are you happy you got booked?"

I too would re-up my subscription to see that...

... then I'd cancel it again the following week.

I would think the hasty re-match around subscription time would ensure Lesnar winning. There has to be way more intrigue with Cena getting destroyed twice and all the potential fresh matchups with Brock than the same old shit with Cena as champ and wasting two of the most important wins ever in WWE in the process... But maybe I'm wrong.

Also, any chance of gimmick for this match?

Way to early for Brock/Cena 3 imo. I think Cena is the favorite, and I expect a Rollins cash in. Rollins throws his big party the next night on Raw, but Dean F'n Ambrose returns to ruin his life and challenge for the belt at HITC.

I think they could just run a roster member through every month, it's not like anyone losing to Brock would lose anything,only gain respect for trying.

Start with Jericho this month. Then Wyatt, good promos with Heyman. Randy Orton wants a piece. By then Bryan might be back. Have him take the Rumble off to scout. Even do a gimmick where guys enter the ring and jump out. Obviously Reigns wins, you build him as the last chance to save the WWE. Then it's time for Elimination Chamber, Lesnar gets to enter last, destroys.

Makes sense to me.

If they really want to make Brock look (even more) unstoppable, they could do a submission match and have Cena tap for the first time in 10+ years.

The more I think about it, I can't see anything good coming from a Cena win. Even if Rollins cashed in, either him or Ambrose would end up as a lame-duck champ, and their HIAC would work a lot better without the title anyway. Rollins has been pretty well protected unlike a lot of recent MITB winners, but a HIAC against Ambrose is a perfect time for him to do a clean job without losing any steam.

I can't imagine that they put the gold back on Cena at this point. They need the audience that is actually thinking about re-uping to do so, and pissing them off by having Cena beat Lesnar would be the worst way to achieve that goal.

The problem is that they are booked into a corner; Cena can't get obliterated again. He almost can't even lose cleanly. However, Brock shouldn't be winning matches with outside interference or through screwy stuff either. Whoever said "submission match" might have a way out, though they have run the "passes out in a submission" thing with Swagger just now. 

I really thought that they might throw Sheamus in there and have him take a beating so bad, it makes him angry and hateful again because that dude badly needs some sort of catalyst for a heel turn. 

They already killed the suspense for the Cena return to Raw next week. Who cares what he has to say and what his condition is.We already know that he will face Lesnar again. He should have come out with a neck brace and begging for the rematch and saying he will be alright when he isn't. You know,selling the 16 neck bumps.

I would think the hasty re-match around subscription time would ensure Lesnar winning. There has to be way more intrigue with Cena getting destroyed twice and all the potential fresh matchups with Brock than the same old shit with Cena as champ and wasting two of the most important wins ever in WWE in the process... But maybe I'm wrong.

They haven't used Three Stages Of Hell in ages. Since, what, 2002? That would be a suitable final encounter.

They haven't used Three Stages Of Hell in ages. Since, what, 2002? That would be a suitable final encounter.

Huh?  Cena and Ryback just did one last year.

Ugh, they're going to do the whole Rocky 3 storyline with Cena and Brock aren't they?  FFS, they've got almost as much tv time a week as WCW did at their height.  Even with several massive NWO segments a week WCW still managed to have storylines that made the secondary titles mean something and give all 900 guys on the roster something to do every once in a while.

I just thought it was funny that Cena was billed to wrestle so soon after SummerSlam. Eh, chalk up another dud from me to you.

That's how I interpreted it. By September 6, Cena should just be able to start eating solid foods again. You gotta sell that beating like being on the verge of death.

• Like 1

This has the feel of the lead up to Summerslam 11/Cena being fired via Nexus. WWE for once has something interesting on their hands and they can't let things simmer because:

(a) They want to keep Cena on tv.

and 

(b) No Brock, No Cena (along with no Bryan/Punk) on house shows will significantly lower houses.

Just feed Ambrose to Lesnar. Ambrose comes back from the curb stomp and HHH/Rollins need to come up with a solution to finally keep him out of their hair. This isn't hard. 

There's also a minor issue of fans whining because "Part timer has the belt" "Cena was treated disrespectfully" and bitching about hating everything to do with Lesnar having the belt that might've triggered a knee jerk reaction from Creative.  Because that's never happened before.

Huh? Cena and Ryback just did one last year.

Yeah, that one just completely fell out of my head. Regardless, they still haven't abused it to the point of overuse.

If it was something like 1 fall/Hardcore/I Quit they can even get around the third fall not having to involve a ladder or a cage.

Of course, all this is a moot point if they're just planning to blow their wad at NOC.

Scott Keith suggested they're doing a Rocky III story, where Clubber easily dispatches the champ, gets arrogant, and gets beat in the rematch.

I really, really hope he's as full of shit as usual.