DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Still weird seeing all these ex "WWE-prototype" developmental guys show up on the indies. Masters, Morgan, Conway, Dupree, Spirit Squad, etc.

It really shows the failings of Vince/Dunn/Laurenitis' mid-late 2000s policy of shopping for prospects by browsing the International Male catalog.

TNA staying on Spike through the end of the year with their new Wednesday slot. Sounds as if they were given an opportunity to prove they can put it together. With no Bully Ray...good luck after they run out of NYC material in October.

I was wearing a shirt with a picture of Gary Hart on it with a quote from a promo about the Von Erichs. My girlfriend read it and asked 'Who are the Von Erichs and why does Paul Giamatti hate them so much?'

I had a good laugh, but then I got sad that we will probably never see a Gary Hart biopic starring Giamatti.

• Like 5

Kermit the Frog finally answered Vince McMahon's challenge:

What the fuck, Kermit, Steve Gleason already did it naked, get your shit together.

GI Joes were my favorite toys as a kid because they were put together so well. I remember the Street Fighter toys coming out a bit after I was done playing with toys, and I was pissed they hadn't come out a few years before so that I could have got in on the action.

David Shoemaker, author of The Squared Circle: Life, Death and Professional Wrestling, noted on his Twitter that he's heard Daniel Bryan needs Tommy John surgery and will be out at least 3 more months. Shoemaker also is a journalist for Grantland.com and Deadspin.com. He wrote:

"I'm hearing Daniel Bryan needs Tommy John surgery and will be out at least 3 more months."

Tommy John Surgery is a procedure where the ulnar collateral ligament in the medial elbow is replaced with a tendon from somewhere else in the body. The procedure is common among athletes, especially baseball players. It was named after the first baseball player to undergo the surgery, former MLB pitcher Tommy John.

I was wearing a shirt with a picture of Gary Hart on it with a quote from a promo about the Von Erichs. My girlfriend read it and asked 'Who are the Von Erichs and why does Paul Giamatti hate them so much?'

I had a good laugh, but then I got sad that we will probably never see a Gary Hart biopic starring Giamatti.

I escaped the wrestling bubble for all of 10 seconds when I thought "Why in the hell would anyone cast Giammatti as Gary Hart?" and "Who would make a good Donna Rice?".

• Like 1

Full recov

TJ takes pitchers more like 18 months to heal. He probably doesn't need the fine control and 100% strength an MLB pitcher does, so it may not be that long, but I'm thinking 3 more months makes more sense, there. Looks like Mania's out.

Three months seems like it may be rushing things.  Patients are generally restricted from doing strengthening exercises for four months.  After four months, you can  do things like start swinging a golf club or work the arm while holding a one pound weight. 

Daniel could be out quite a while.  I kinda think his window of opportunity is going to close before he makes it back.  He could be gone so long the company will have to start over trying to get him over, and they may not be willing to go all in on a push for him out of concern about how he'll hold up physically.

Full recov

TJ takes pitchers more like 18 months to heal. He probably doesn't need the fine control and 100% strength an MLB pitcher does, so it may not be that long, but I'm thinking 3 more months makes more sense, there. Looks like Mania's out.

Three months seems like it may be rushing things.  Patients are generally restricted from doing strengthening exercises for four months.  After four months, you can  do things like start swinging a golf club or work the arm while holding a one pound weight.

Three more months than the "four or five months" quoted previously, hence why Mania would be out.

so a WWE guy would be wise to start learning an elbow-focused arm hold just in case DBryan ever comes back and the WWE decides to have heels working Daniel Bryan's repaired elbow instead of trying to go for Daniel Bryan's repaired neck?

or... even better.. a crossface chickenwing can be sold as hurting the elbow AND the neck

• Like 1