DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

PWInsider reports that WWE Hall of Famer Harley Race was injured in a fall on Thursday in St. Louis and will have to miss the final Mid-Atlantic Legends Fanfest in Charlotte this weekend. Race slipped and fell on his hip but still tried to make the drive from St. Louis to Charlotte. The pain was too much and Race had to turn around after about 35 miles. There's fear Race may have broken his hip but he will be examined soon.

Harley will forever be a man's man. But you're telling me someone couldn't pay for him to take a commuter flight so he didn't have to make probably a 12 hour drive each way?

PWInsider reports that WWE Hall of Famer Harley Race was injured in a fall on Thursday in St. Louis and will have to miss the final Mid-Atlantic Legends Fanfest in Charlotte this weekend. Race slipped and fell on his hip but still tried to make the drive from St. Louis to Charlotte. The pain was too much and Race had to turn around after about 35 miles. There's fear Race may have broken his hip but he will be examined soon.

Harley will forever be a man's man. But you're telling me someone couldn't pay for him to take a commuter flight so he didn't have to make probably a 12 hour drive each way?

He may be one of those people (John Madden, Tony Kournisher) who have fear of flying.

He may be one of those people (John Madden, Tony Kournisher) who have fear of flying.

HAHAHAHA!

Harley Race. Fear.

• Like 8

Well, it was nice knowing you.

• Like 5

Or hire someone to drive while harley throws empty beer cans at highway signs.

Hire someone???  I would drive Harley around for free.  

No shit, where do I sign up for that gig?

I all seriousness, I hope Harley fully recovers. He's one of my, if not THE, all-time favorites.

Drive? Please. Harley probably swam the Pacific from St. Louis (and yes, he found a way to connect STL to the Pacific, he's Harley Race) to Japan, swam back home after his match, and did it again the next morning.

• Like 5

I could see Harley slapping the shit out of a shark that swam in his way.

....with an electric eel

You guys no sold the fact that he packed his stuff and drove 70 miles ON A POSSIBLE BROKEN HIP!

Indy rasslin in the St. Louis area for August:

Saturday 8/2:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO(Stratford Inn)

Sunday 8/3:  High Risk Wrestling in Belleville, IL(Belle-Clair Fairgrounds) with A.C.H., Arik Cannon, Jonathan Gresham
Friday 8/8:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Eureka, MO(Brookdale Farms benefit show)
Saturday 8/9:  PWCS in Granite City, IL(YMCA); MMWA in St. Louis, MO(South Broadway Athletic Club)
Saturday 8/16:  SICW iN East Carondelet, IL(Paul Orndorff appearing)

Saturday 8/23:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Glen Carbon, IL(Sports Academy)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway what's your favourite era of The Undertaker?

I know at the time the IWC were clamoring for him to go back to the deadman gimmic but Biker Taker from 2002-2003 is when I was most entertained by the guy. Good promos, great matches, just total badass to the point that even though he was heeling it up big time you still kinda liked him. The constant strong booking of him rubbed people up the wrong way at the time but meh

• Like 1

Is there any evidence that Harley actually went to Japan?  I know he wrestled in Japan many times, but I always assumed that, instead of going to Japan, the whole damn continent came to him. 

Re: Taker.  Enjoyed American Bad Ass Biker Taker.  Mostly nonplussed about all his other periods.

• Like 1

God Mike - of all the photos you pick you had to use the one that is the most photoshopped looked like an understudy for Rock of Ages one?

And the correct answer is Biker Taker

• Like 1