DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Scott Keith suggested they're doing a Rocky III story, where Clubber easily dispatches the champ, gets arrogant, and gets beat in the rematch.

I really, really hope he's as full of shit as usual.

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see the last part is going to be the thing that happens with SOMEONE.

I don't think for a second Cena is winning. With Lesnar for once, WWE has used some kind of long term planning. It started with him taking out Henry, then Show, then Taker, then Cena. The build doesn't end with him losing to Cena on a b ppv.

• Like 2

My question is, what is the WWE going to do if by so freak accident, John has to call it quits (or worse)? Then what? Sure they tried with Daniel Bryan, but they ended up having to back to the ol' stand by. What if that stand by is no longer able to be there?

Oh, yes I have read everyone's suggestions. I just don't think WWE seems to understand the meaning of a plan B. Yes we have the Roman Reigns Experiment. Yet, once again, throwing all their chips in on ONE man!!

Rock.

True story: I had a native american in my figure fed called Wig Wam Vader (think it was a toy of Tomahawk from Super Street Fighter 2) who was brought in to end Big Van Vader's reign of terror with the belt. He failed and went into a tag team with Tatanka

Ugh!

I don't think for a second Cena is winning. With Lesnar for once, WWE has used some kind of long term planning. It started with him taking out Henry, then Show, then Taker, then Cena. The build doesn't end with him losing to Cena on a b ppv.

Didn't Vince decide to give Brock the win at Mania about 4 hours before the show? Long term planning is what killed Ryback when he got Lex Lugered going after the belt when it was already decided Rock was getting it at the Rumble. I think the only long term planning WWE has done on purpose that has paid off lately(no the fans refusing to let them send Bryan down the card doesn't count as great long term booking) had been with The Shield. These clowns they have writing now can't even make Bray interesting, and he was the best character in wrestling before they got a hold of him.

• Like 3

GI Joes made for the best wrestlers. They also fit extremely well in the old WWF ring put out by...Hasbro? Were they the makers of the hard plastic action figures? 

Anyway, yeah, GI Joes were great. Plus, like mentioned above, there was a Street Fighter line of action figures similar to GI Joes. I also had a Spider-Man figure with multiple points of articulation that made for a great hoss monster.

• Like 5

Didn't Vince decide to give Brock the win at Mania about 4 hours before the show? Long term planning is what killed Ryback when he got Lex Lugered going after the belt when it was already decided Rock was getting it at the Rumble. I think the only long term planning WWE has done on purpose that has paid off lately(no the fans refusing to let them send Bryan down the card doesn't count as great long term booking) had been with The Shield. These clowns they have writing now can't even make Bray interesting, and he was the best character in wrestling before they got a hold of him.

It was the week of the show, Brock and Heyman found out I think Wednesday. 

I have not been able to bring myself to watch the match. I only saw the intro and seeing how nervous Brock looked. 

I don't think WWE are looking at it as a "B PPV" as much as the "this PPV matters because it's when everyone's 6-month WWE Network commitment runs out & we have to get them to resubscribe."

• Like 1

GI Joes made for the best wrestlers. They also fit extremely well in the old WWF ring put out by...Hasbro? Were they the makers of the hard plastic action figures? 

Anyway, yeah, GI Joes were great. Plus, like mentioned above, there was a Street Fighter line of action figures similar to GI Joes. I also had a Spider-Man figure with multiple points of articulation that made for a great hoss monster.

The Street Fighter guys were great because it finally gave you a chance to bring in a fat guy (E.Honda!) after I'd been using my un-articulated Rancor keeper for years as my Yokozuna.  No matter who the fat guy was, he always ended up eventually falling to multiple-time champion Mr. Olympia (Whom I did not know was an actual wrestler until a few years ago but I probably saw listed in a Pro Wrestling Illustrated and unconsciously stole) whose finisher was the Olympic-Plex which I also learned, years later, was better known as a German Suplex.

First entry in King of Trios this year is the spirit squad.

Presumably Mondo, Doane, and Mitchell?  Unless Jeter wants to come out of retirement.

It says Kenny, Mikey and Johnny.  Not sure how the names match up other than Ken Doane.

The Street Fighter guys were great because it finally gave you a chance to bring in a fat guy (E.Honda!) after I'd been using my un-articulated Rancor keeper for years as my Yokozuna.  No matter who the fat guy was, he always ended up eventually falling to multiple-time champion Mr. Olympia (Whom I did not know was an actual wrestler until a few years ago but I probably saw listed in a Pro Wrestling Illustrated and unconsciously stole) whose finisher was the Olympic-Plex which I also learned, years later, was better known as a German Suplex.

Blanka made for a great "The Amazon" from NES Pro Wrestling.

Although, I can't tell you how many GI Joe "knees" broke from use of the Figure 4.

I hope it is Johnny Jeter.  I always thought he was a can't miss prospect in OVW during the Paul Heyman booking.  Loved his feud with Matt Capotteli as a complete jerk.  Then they made him a male cheerleader and it seems to kill all desire he had in the business.  Maybe there was other reason but he completely disappeared from the business