DVDVR Message Board

Raw 7-21-14

MGFanJay

I hate to tell you guys this...but you know Cena's winning right?

The evidence is there

1) Michael Cole doing the hard sell "John Cena has no chance!"

2) No mention of the previous time Cena beat Lesnar, so that people won't go "Hmm maybe John can win."

I was thinking the same thing. I'm thinking Brock beats himself again like Backlash 2012, destroys Cena in post match rampage, and Seth Rollins cashes in after beating Ambrose.

STEPHANIE before and while being arrested was probably the best on this night of good things.

Best match in a night of good matches was Dean Ambrose vs. Cessaro. Ambrose is the greatest. Hope this means good things coming for Cessaro as well, but I won't hold me breath on that one just in case.

Nice rebound Raw after the disappointing PPV/special event?

I'd like to see Lesnar win, go away, Reigns is made to run through obstacles to get into the Rumble and subsequently win it. Rollins and Ambrose continue their feud. Ambrose wins the case at TLC.

Lesnar/Reigns at Mania, build up is Lesnar dealing with the two threats of Reigns and also Ambrose potentially cashing in. Reigns beats Lesnar with help from Ambrose distraction or run in to rush off Rollins, Ambrose turns on Reigns the night after Mania - whether you cash in or not ultimately irrelevant. Lesnar moves on to being the obstacle for the returning Daniel Bryan.

• Like 1

"Mr. COO, you're welcome to come to Brock's compound located somewhere between North Dakota and Nunavut and take the WWE World Heavyweight Championship back from him."

Trips v. Lesnar in a Big Sky Ranch Hand Bunker Match live from Montana, your main event for WM31.

Brock could win the title at SummerSlam and "hold it hostage," defending every once in a while, building steam for Reigns to take it from him at Wrestlemania. Congress never really passed a law that the title has to be defended at every PPV or whatever they call them these days. If someone mentions the 30-day rule, Heyman can say "we make the rules."

Yeah, but this is the company that couldn't even hold off crowning a new champion to let the CM Punk angle play out more than a week or two: "CM won and took the belt home with him!  Will we ever get the title back?  What will...we're crowning a new champ!"

Miz/Dolph was probably second best match of the night despite some sloppiness.

If there's anything I didn't like on the show... Well, I'm not keen on the idea of a new Nation of Domination, especially if they plan to put all of the black wrestlers in it. Maybe WWE reacted to that article accusing them of being racist? Of course, it could be limited to a few guys, maybe even only the three we saw in the ring tonight. Wait and see, I suppose.

But if it leads to a big push for Big E, that's a positive I can get behind. Xavier Woods seems like he's going to be great in this role regardless. He should stick with it even after the group disbands.

Oh, oh yeah: Mid/low-card attitude era story-lines. Eww. :P

There's been a lot of talk about Bray's promos getting stale but I thought his bit tonight was one of the better ones he's done in a long time.

"I live a hundred years a day!"

That caption needs to go on the sig of Harper with the crazy eyes with the galaxy in the background.

Y'all are sleeping on Joey Mercury getting actual lines tonight, (not referring to the sort of lines pre-SES Joey Mercury would get...)

Ok, I like Lana too, but she isn't convincing me that Rusev can actually wrestle matches. Yes, Khali is hot garbage, but there was a spot where Rusev was charging the corner and he was supposed to eat a boot. The first time, Rusev completely missed Khali's completely immobile boot, (on close-up, so Cole had to acknowledge that it missed.) Then they did it again, and this time Rusev BARELY made contact with the thing, (again on close-up. Cole called it a "glancing blow."

Somehow, Slater is MORE of a jobber now that he's away from 3MB.

I'm just not gonna comment on Malcolm Xavier Woods and the new NoD.

Sandow finally found some heat. Cheap as can be.

I think my favorite thing of the night, even moreso than "Processing will take some time," was the spot in the Ambrose/Cesaro match where Ambrose was hanging out of the ropes by his legs and Cesaro suplexes him from the floor.

Y'all are sleeping on Joey Mercury getting actual lines tonight, (not referring to the sort of lines pre-SES Joey Mercury would get...)

This is true; we all are. I did recognize him, though: When I was watching, I said, 'Is that Joey Mercury?" and I ended up wondering how many other people would recognize him.

Now don't tell me all of you people besides Cristobal didn't recognize him.

Actually, do tell me, because if it's true then I want to know.

I hate to tell you guys this...but you know Cena's winning right?

The evidence is there

1) Michael Cole doing the hard sell "John Cena has no chance!"

2) No mention of the previous time Cena beat Lesnar, so that people won't go "Hmm maybe John can win."

I was thinking the same thing. I'm thinking Brock beats himself again like Backlash 2012, destroys Cena in post match rampage, and Seth Rollins cashes in after beating Ambrose.

I can't see them ending SummerSlam with a heel MitB cash in for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Man this show was so horrible except for the Stephanie/Brie confrontation. When the two cops came out and started reading miranda I could not stop laughing. I can't believe they really are giving this kind of build to a Stephanie/Brie match, but man it was fun to watch.

Triple H realzing "hey, she's gotta get processed and stuff" was the best part.

As for the Brock promo. My God that Heyman promo was something else. I await Brock conquering Cena and then sitting on his throne of skulls with Cena's head on a pike as his latest victory.

Brock defending the WWE Title when HE feels like it could work. If Ambrose somehow gets a title shot, he would be crazy enough to go to Texas Chainsaw Minnesota (Heyman called Brock's compound that once) to get his match.

• Like 1

Wait a sec, they're pitting Sheamus against Rusev on Main Event tomorrow night. The idea of them putting the US belt on Rusev....

I can't see that match having a clean ending. There's gotta be some kind of interference from Swagger.

What the hell? Do Summer Rae and Layla have no standards anymore? What happened to Dolph? I thought what they had was special....

Well, at least he won a match.

I think the answer is Summer and Layla have found love in each other's tender caress, but they will also allow themselves to get plowed by whomever is wrestling Fandango each night.

What the hell? Do Summer Rae and Layla have no standards anymore? What happened to Dolph? I thought what they had was special....

Well, at least he won a match.

I think the answer is Summer and Layla have found love in each other's tender caress, but they will also allow themselves to get plowed by whomever is wrestling Fandango each night.

Please write a fanfic.