DVDVR Message Board

Raw 7-21-14

MGFanJay

Loved HHH's snarky promo to start the show, and Orton using Kurt's IT'S DAMN TRUE line. A whole lot of nothing happened until THE MIZ DRESSED AS A SHIRTLESS SONNY CROCKETT. Nikki coming out of her top was something too. Steph-Brie continuing was iffy here, but led to greatness with Steph being arrested and HHH caring - but not too much. His skit with Joey was fantastic. Loved Ambrose-Cesaro. The look of sheer joy on Heyman's face as Brock came out was glorious. Heyman's promo hyping up Brock-Cena was amazing - I can't wait for that match.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/07/raw-7-21-14.html

Screens -

03fa01340370957.jpg

2e5ed7340366099.jpg

395da7340362678.jpg

4141d6340360767.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/h7gmsfvwzp2p0yldu3v7zt99nrb02hij

Well who expected Dolph/Miz to almost steal the show, if they didn't have Ambrose/Cesaro and so many good angles popping off? At the same time, we have Nation of Domination Redux in the works and Nise Disco Inferno vs. Nise Disco Inferno Jr... at least I could overlook the latter due to Layla. Like, literally overlook it.

Is Stephanie the first person to be arrested for a crime committed on a pro wrestling program? Attempted vehicular homicide, attempted homicide and kidnapping are not serious enough to get law enforcement involved, but slapping a fan is. Tim McGraw should be happy that he isn't in WWE.

If we had a only dollar for every "Stand your Ground"  joke on that segment  

So many weird things tonight:

Zack Ryder getting a win on RAW. 

Xaiver Woods bringing back the Nation of Domination   :o

Loved Triple H threatening the cops telling them that arresting a McMahon is a "career decision".  That line has to been used many times before.  Plus we got numerous Jerry McDevitt talks.  As far as I know he has never been on TV before.  

Just to make sure, we know that Lesnar is winning the title at Summerslam right   :unsure:

Steph had become the absolute master of generic villain talk.

"Let that be a lesson to ALL OF YOU!"
"I'LL HAVE YOUR BADGE!!"

You haven't lived...really lived, if at some point you haven't been caught on camera screaming  "I'LL HAVE YOUR BADGE!!"

• Like 3

Zach Ryder not only got to be on camera twice, but won a match! Good for him!

I was happy Heath Slater got some TV, I was hoping they would reference the whole previous Flo Rida issue.

Also, Xavier Woods went from being the black power ranger to Malcom X?

That keeps the black power theme intact, though.

• Like 1

Glad that we are finally getting heel Paige. Loved the AJ beat down and mock skipping. Somewhere, Saraya Knight is saying "now THAT'S my daughter!"

Everything with Stephanie and the Bellas was gold. The arrest was awesome and well played. Nikki continues to gain sympathy as she suffers for her sister's sins lol

Titus O'Neil has to join this too, right?

Big E is the new Mark Henry

Kofi is the new Dlo Brown

Xaiver is the new Clarence Mason

Titus is the new Kama

Not sure who would play PG-13 though.   And not sure who would end up being the Rock in the group

Great Raw.

Xavier Woods, Kofi and Big E are already doing MVP, King and Lashley better than MVP, King and Lashley.

For the love of God, just give Paul Heyman a Glenn Beck/Rachel Maddow style show on the network and let him put over each storyline and watch the subscriptions soar.