DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

Fuck's sake. It's 2015 and cockroaches out there still think they can hotlink images from a competitor and get away with it?

So that's the part where you replace the hotlinked file with. . .well, use your imagination. (After renaming it on your site, of course.)

Seriously, what are they gonna do?

Oh yeah, we had that done in minutes. Replaced it with an image that read "Content from <our company>", with our company logo and "Product available at <our website>" and renamed on our site. One time we did that before, the shithead running that site actually had the nerve to claim that we'd "hacked" them because our logo was all over their site. You want to hear a legal team crack up on speakerphone, give them that.

Meanwhile, since they stole all the other unique content they could, our wacky hijinks are being accompanied by a C&D to the company and a takedown demand to the company's host.

• Like 1

Went into the local bar down the street from me last night and was presented with a custom glass with my name etched on it, which is stored on a shelf labeled "regulars" that also gets me $1.00 off all non-Happy Hour beers.

Never have I felt more like a alcoholic in my life.

• Like 1

I got into my first ever car accident today.  I am putting it here though because it wasn't my fault (not debatable), the guy that hit me was nice/has insurance, and I already have an appointment at the body shop tomorrow which Geico has confirmed they are paying for repairs (he also has Geico) and a rental will be waiting for me.  So for a first accident, as smooth as it gets I assume.  Only downside is I got a subpoena to go to his court date so I really hope he just pays in advance without arguing.

Poor car though.

32qtQGl.jpg

Yeah, when I totaled my car after hitting a deer maybe 18 months ago, I ended up actually making a few bucks. Unexpected.

Good luck finding new wheels. That part was more stressful for me than the accident.

Someone deleted me as a Facebook friend because I pointed out the "hot bridesmaids" he was checking out yesterday at the Manitoba Legislative Building were actually high school graduates taking pictures before the grad dinner/dance. Instead of saying "oops" and moving on, he starts talking about all the weddings that take place here. I've worked here for 9+ years, and have never seen a wedding take place. People come here for wedding photos all the time, but not the ceremony. I tried to point out that nobody gets married on a Monday (nevermind the 9 limos lined up to drive kids around), and instead of coming to his senses, he starts telling lies about priests and flowergirls being here.

The guy in question is in his early 40s. Probably for the best I don't have to read his bs anymore. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Decluttering sucks. We moved from a fairly large house into a one bedroom apartment nearly 3 years ago now and never really downsized so it's lead to living with stuff constantly everywhere.

For whatever reason, this past weekend we decided to jump in head first and finally do it. For two nights I've slept on the floor because the bed's been covered with everything that was dumped out of our closets.

Finally today things are not looking like a complete disaster area. 5 boxes are ready to go to the garage, two trashcans have been filled, the Salvation Army donation bin down the street is packed full and best of all - there's room on the bed for me to sleep tonight!

When I was in my early 20s, I really hated when girls my age had boyfriends who were late 30s, early 40s. Now I'm 40, and 22 year old girls keep flirting with me. Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

Anyone ever needed to write a paper, and had zero fucking clue what they wanted to write about?

There's a video on Facebook of a cat that keeps trying to bite/swipe/attack a woman's boob that's making me laugh way too much.

So maybe you could write about that.

Yeah, when I totaled my car after hitting a deer maybe 18 months ago, I ended up actually making a few bucks. Unexpected.

Good luck finding new wheels. That part was more stressful for me than the accident.

I see what you did there.