DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

Did your vet rule out hip problems? I know often when a dog is suddenly resistant to the idea of walking it's because they feel pain and don't want to move around all that much. 

The vet said it sounded like it was all mental. Her skittishness comes when our dog walker arrives, mostly. But she's good to go later on in the day and still has a lot of energy when it comes to walks later or if playing with a toy and the like.

The other thing she does is she NEEDS to go home on walks if she hears a loud noise. Like she'll drag me to the house (she weighs about 60 pounds).

She's a rescue dog and has always had her quirks/issues.

You know those Barb Wire tattoos that are / were popular in the early 00s?

Well I got one of those today, however, instead of barbed wire, it's Pacman and 4 ghosts chasing each other around my arm.. Goes nice with my Ultramantis Black tattoo.

My wife might kill me when she gets home.

• Like 2

Getting Solar panels on my roof week after next (which means the Government pays me to have them there for the next 20 years - even though it takes 10 years to pay them off). Torn shoulder almost fully healed itself and barely hurts at all any more. But I've somehow given myself food poisoning and it's a pain in the arse.

Just got word that my big felony trial for Monday got dismissed. It was a very messy Aggravated Assault with a deadly weapon, but there were a lot of self-defense issues. Would've been a long trial, but now I'm free to enjoy my weekend and get ready for the next trial.

Also, last week I was named one of Houston's top lawyers by H Texas magazine. So I'm doing pretty good.

• Like 1

Up side: filet mignon dinner with great friends

Down side: pulled a muscle in my back cleaning up the yard and porch getting ready for that dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of boat shoes today. Taking some time to adjust from not wearing sneakers/dress shoes. I'll let you know.

I started wearing them about a year ago.  Yeah, took some adjusting, but I feel super chill and relaxed when I wear them.

Following on from family fun time at the local swimming pool last sunday, i now cant hear out of my left ear.

Seems like its either infected or the constant cleaning i do of my ears has come home to roost and I've blocked the passage-way.

Either way, its an inconvenience...

I really wish I could just walk into any store that sells shoes and buy me a pair. I wear a size 18 US so all of my shoes have to be ordered off the internet. The most recent pair I bought are just a tad too big, despite being the same exact pair I bought previously. I think it might be because I used a different website than my usual, because my usual was completely sold out of the brand and width I need to be comfortable.

Oh well, I can always put something at the toe region that will make it fit a bit easier until tax time next year.

Size 18? Holy shit! Are you 7 feet tall? *Makes note to not complain about finding size 14s anymore*

6'7. I'm just unlucky enough to have really large feet and hands. I could never do the whole home key thing in keyboarding class back in school lol. My teacher had to accept that was never going to be possible for me.

People keep saying 'Take Care' instead of saying Goodbye. Honestly, you stop shaving your head for two weeks just to see how receded you are this year, and everyone assumes you've given up on life or something. 

• Like 1

36 isn't old?....... Is it?

I've lived in Scotland for 8 years now and my wife's father has just introduced me to Glayva. It's like Whiskey mixed with Corn Syrup.

It's bloody delicious. No wonder Scottish people like to drink!

Fuck's sake. It's 2015 and cockroaches out there still think they can hotlink images from a competitor and get away with it?

So that's the part where you replace the hotlinked file with. . .well, use your imagination. (After renaming it on your site, of course.)

Seriously, what are they gonna do?