DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

Co-worker got knocked off his bike by some asshole in a van Monday morning on the way to work. He bikes the rest of the way to work and finishes out the day, then comes in on Tuesday, at which point his leg starts hurting and he asks his boss to go home.

CW: I feel like an ass because I said I was good yesterday, but I'm not feeling too hot.

Boss: You got hit by a car, you doofus. Go the fuck home.

CW: You have to be my favorite manager on the planet.

It's 100°F+ today, and I noticed that the A/C stopped blowing cold air.  I went outside and found that the guys hired to cut brush hit some wires on the outside unit and killed it.  Shit.

I told them about it, expecting the usual "not our problem".  Turns out they also do electrical work, and they had it running again in a couple of minutes.

• Like 1

My boss is such a fucking moron. He bought lunch for the office when a new guy started. He is such a self centered pompous asshole. He order BBQ, which ended up being fantastic. Too bad the new guy is a vegetarian. He even told my boss that like 2 days ago. Fucking asshole.

Yeah, but on the bright side you got to eat free fantastic BBQ and not a tofu burger.
  • Like 2

So back on page 21, I told the story of my cousin Lorna who had come down from her homestead to rest and recharge. During that week she broke up with her boyfriend who was one of the primary causes for her current emotional state.

This is the cunt. 

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/dad-of-three-charged-murder-five-week-old-daughter-4762508

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-33989739

My blood is now boiling. I'm itching to meet this piece of work and do that ball-less dicksplash a lot of harm.  For the countless lives he's ruined and the potential lives he's taken away from people.

Bring back the gibbet for this waste of oxygen. I'll fucking have him.

At one time I had a boss who would leave the office at 11 to go drink wine, come back totally soused at 2pm and then started making harassing calls to the sales staff. There were five of us rotating between three offices, it was fucking ridiculous in that you had to carry your entire file system around with you. The reason for the rotation? He didn't want customers identifying with a particular person as "their" sales rep. I might add that the five of us included two recovered alkis and one natural teetotaler, so what does this clown send everyone for Christmas? Easy, a bottle of wine!

My boss is such a fucking moron. He bought lunch for the office when a new guy started. He is such a self centered pompous asshole. He order BBQ, which ended up being fantastic. Too bad the new guy is a vegetarian. He even told my boss that like 2 days ago. Fucking asshole.

Yeah, but on the bright side you got to eat free fantastic BBQ and not a tofu burger.

I got good news today. Heavily qualified good news--that's why I'm putting it in this thread. I was offered an interview for a limited-term academic position (for which I didn't apply) because it's an emergency and they really need someone. So I think I have a pretty good shot at it. The reason I said it's "qualified" good news is that if I do get the job I will have to prepare two brand new courses in about two weeks. And they will not be in my area of specialty. So it's great that I have a lead on a job and oh man am I gonna be freaking out (in both a good and bad way) if I get the job.

Congrats in advance, two weeks should be plenty of time to assemble a syllabus unless these are really, really oddball courses.

I don't know if the headache is causing the tooth pain, or if the tooth pain is causing the headache.  I don't if there's something really wrong with my teeth or if they're just becoming sensitive over the years.  Maybe I'm having a stroke--I have no clue.

It's probably an abcessed tooth.

Had a job interview this morning, and I'm supposed to know this afternoon if I got the position. So expect a follow up in the "SON OF A" or "Really Swell News" thread.

And instead I shall post my follow up here: I interviewed for a half-time academic position (at the rank of Assistant Professor) and got offered a single course instead. Big step down from what was on the table, but better than nothing.

A member of my team said he was going to work from home for the rest of the day because he had to go home anyway due to a rip in the seat of his pants.

When he gets back to his IM, he's going to see messages with links to youtube videos of songs "Blowin' in the Wind", "Down in a Hole", and "Back Door Man".

I am a horrible person.

• Like 2

I don't know if I should put this in the good news or bad news thread...so I guess it goes here.

I'm about to give up on writing. I'm not good enough at it and it'll never pay enough for me to make a living out of it. I'm about ready to quit and get a real job.

I kinda want to get a job outside of writing. In fact I think it would make me happy. But I know that if I do that, my chances of being a full time writer are gone forever. And while I'm fine with that, it's still a little disappointing for me.

Don't follow your dreams kids. Just get a regular boring job.