DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

That's really the first thing he's posted that isn't an UpUpDownDown video. Just pretend that Zenya Baxter is Austin Creed*'s actual DVDVR posting account, and he's trolling the board for a laugh. Someone should quote that post quickly though, so it's still available when he deletes it. I never got to read that Fairweather Fan Randian/ tATu meltdown post because nobody quoted it.

* The clue is the last two initials. And the only ZXW Wrestling I could find is this:

Not so much Backyard Wrestling, as Barnyard** Wrestling. I don't reckon either of these guys would ever register to post here. We like long words and that.

** I'm using American English for the sake of a pun. I feel ashamed. But Farmyard doesn't sound as funny.

I don't remember his rant in any detail, but I know my response was to honestly and sincerely urge him to seek mental health.

His response to that was the past want for me, but Eric*. And then delete it before Eric read it.

*I think it was Eric.

I am 99% sure it was SLL

The five round cross-thread mental breakdown of Resident Evil was the finest thing that ever happened to this board. I still remember it fondly.

"I REALLY DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS, BUT HERE'S TEN THOUSAND WORDS ABOUT JERRY LAWLER'S SELLING MAKING HIM A PEDOPHILE"

He started putting like entrance music in the posts, too.

God. We all fucked up not screenshotting all of those.

• Like 1

The best way to explain my mother in law.

She was audibly upset and bitched when we shut off the Star Wars Holiday Special because she was earnestly into it.

Uh....

Wait a sec....

Nope, I got nothing.

Following on from top of page 29.

My daughter is a fucking machine. not in the same way as brian cage, but it was insane to see her bounceback-ability.

We woke her at six, gave her a glass of water and set off for the hospital.

Got there and got her changed into her gown and she immdeiately said she wanted to stay the whole day...as there was a tv "in her room" and she didnt have one at home like this...

A bevy of questions later from three different people and Mr Jones drops by with a sharpie. To indicate which eye was the problematic one...cause...well, you know...

One issue was that they only allowed one parent to go to the theatre with her - she chose mummy, but realised that daddy couldnt come with when she closed the door and i stayed...cue waterworks - from both mummy and caitlyn. i had to stay strong to show her that it wasnt an issue so i was holiding back manly daddy tears to show her it was okay. worst. hour. ever.

one hour later she apparently woke up, saw mummy and decided she wanted to get out of bed - however her arms and legs didnt quite work properly after surgery - she was drowsy. so mummy got a free bed ride back up to the ward to ensure caitlyn didnt stage dive from the bed.

She was as high as a kite that had done a lot of drugs. High as a motherfucker.

but came down within a half hour, was drinking water without issue, then had a mammoth bowl of krispies and milk and kept it all down. 

She chilled on her bed, raising the height of it all the way up to the top so we couldnt see the tv, then decided she wanted to go home. one lunch later and we were back at home watching sleeping beauty and sorting out the eye from weeping.

Turns out, there was a blockage in the top tear duct (news to me, as i only thought there was one duct that fed the eye) which was cleared and all the shite pissed out of her eye meaning theres no longer this thick green ectoplasm squirting out like slimers finally found his happy button.

so yeah - lead up to christmas time and all that and she's in and out within a day. SAWTED.

Let's hope this is it and theres no blowback, as it were.

• Like 5

My band fired our drummer of 8 years a couple of nights ago. We have known it was coming for a long long time but it still didn't make it any easier. His lack of self-awareness made it worse. He didn't think he'd been in the wrong at all. There was no yelling or "I'll sue you" nonsense. It had to happen but was still unpleasant. Going forward, we have to find a drummer that can play the complicated, pretentious nonsense we write and record. THAT is going to be the trick. We have a buddy in Portland who is going to re-record the drums for the album we're closing in on releasing (our third) but he's sure as hell not moving to Idaho to not make money making music. Onward and upward and all that...

You're in Idaho, they're bound to invade eventually. I suggest a digital drum machine replacement, just make it a robot and pretend it's part of the band, no one will notice.

Meet your new drummer:

• Like 1

Can you get me a number for this guy? His attitude is a welcome improvement over what we just finished with.

Well, it did end up attempting to kill the entire band, so that might be ill-advised. Robotic drum machines, primadonnas.

Can you get me a number for this guy? His attitude is a welcome improvement over what we just finished with.

Well, it did end up attempting to kill the entire band, so that might be ill-advised. Robotic drum machines, primadonnas.

I shared that video with the rest of band and our bass player responded with "it's still a drummer, it will still be bat shit crazy."

A departing employee expressed disappointment in his exit interview that I didn't make more of an effort to keep him. Me: "I have a headcount and I was a week away from giving you a month to get your shit together or I'd fire you. Keep you? It was all I could do not to fist-pump celebrate when you gave me notice."

• Like 4