DVDVR Message Board

Payback '14

Dolfan in NYC

I don't get to watch often, so someone give me the heads-up: Has Rusev seriously only wrestled black guys since he came up? Because if so, that's just strange.

He just wrestled Zack Ryder on Raw

I don't get to watch often, so someone give me the heads-up: Has Rusev seriously only wrestled black guys since he came up? Because if so, that's just strange.

Not sure if NXT counts, but he sort of turned babyface on Takeover by destroying Mojo Rawley.

Not quite exclusively, but damn near.  Had at least one match with Sin Cara.  Beat up Ryder.  But mostly Truth, Xavier Woods, and now Big E.

He's squashed Ryder on Raw a couple times, but I think that's it.

As for the ppv, it was alright. I'll have to re-watch some stuff, but nothing jumped out as a top 10 match this year. Good booking for the most part although Cena going over is pretty uninspiring. Underrated moment was Lawler being forced to actually drink the Diet Moutain Dew, and Cole saying he "was on his second one" when asked why the one in front of him was unopened.

• Like 2

No Rusev hasn't. He's destroyed Sin Cara a couple times, Ryder, Mojo Rawley on the NXT special. Slater, and probably 1 or 2 others I'm forgetting.

I think it's just a case of a lot of the lower card babyfaces happen to be black like Kofi, Woods, and Truth, nothing insidious or racist. Big E represents a step up the ladder from JTTS guys to someone who is a reputable contender, Big E just happens to not be married to anyone at the moment since he dropped the belt to Wade and it gives him something to do.

It's like what they did with Fandango a few months ago, he wrestled the same group of guys that Rusev has; Kofi, Truth, and Woods.

Rusev absolutely turned face Thursday by obliterating Mojo, at least in my eyes.

Batista, again, takes the fall (this case - the first fall). I think the dirt-sheets are wrong about him.

They pacified the Animal by letting him choose his ring attire for this return. And we're all worse off for it. Damn you, WWE.

Damn you.

MOTHERFUCKERS WE HAVE A : BATISTA FASHION WATCH: Final edition?????

After you assholes already took all the good ones

THIS WEEK:

Cosplayer who confused feet and inches when ordering material for his FIFTH ELEMENT Alien Diva outfit and tried to front his way through... as illustrated in the following exchange

Dave: "What?  No guys! I'm Mystique right at the beginning of a shift.  DUH!  THAT WAS ALWAYS THE CONCEPT!"

Randy: "Really, Dave, really? So then why am I'm wearing Mila Jovovich duct tape on my nipples and crack, Dave?  Why is my crack chafing right now, Dave?  You know how much these cut into the skin?"

Dave: "I THOUGH FEET WAS TWO LITTLE APOSTROPHES OKAY!!!"

Between his balding stubble, his dyed beard, his lost weight and weird outfit, Batista looked like a bad attempt at making a Batista CAW.

• Like 5

Alicia is an attractive woman--but she REALLY needs to rethink her wig and eyebrows. There is so much going on with them that is just wrong.

I'm guessing it's for character purposes, but should have dropped the red hair when Rihanna stopped wearing her hair like that. She posted this pic on Instagram with her natural hair the other day. If only

10362125_759897247365327_1619297594_n.jp

• Like 1

The production work on the show was a little lackluster in parts. The Sister Abigail on the outside had to be shown on replay because it happened off-camera during a different replay, and the Shield comeback was telegraphed by showing that Ambrose and Rollins had moved away from where Evolution left them laying in the aisle a good two minutes before they made it back into the match.

Enjoyed Shield/Evolution a lot. Had a big match feel and felt like an epic war since it went so long actually going 30 minutes which seemed rare. Surprised they had th clean sweep but I liked that they had each member get a pinfall. Tons of exciting moments throughout, good stuff. Liked Paige/Alicia and the last man standing, glad Cena won.

Barrett/RVD and Sheamus/Cesaro both came off real well. Thought both could've been a little longer but there was a fast pace to both with some good spots and finishes. Loved RVD's spring in tornado DDT and always love when Cesaro busts out the Alpamare Waterslide.. I think the first time he did it in WWE was also on Sheamus. Rybaxel continue to make a pretty solid team. Hope the Rhodes Brothers angle leads to Cody eventually coming back stronger rather than turning heel. Overall a pretty good show.

Ebbie is the worst talking about this stuff...

Anyway, awesome show. Crowd was very into it all night. Cesaro was over like crazy and there were incredibly loud SHEAMUS SUCKS chants going. The finish FoF that match left many thinking WTF.

There's more to add, but I need sleep.

• Like 2

Finally got to see Shield/Evolution on the replay.  Fantastic match.  It managed to be both chaotic but still tell a long and logical story with a few major turning points that were not only for the match but for the long-term booking as well.

Most important was the separating of Reigns from Ambrose/Rollins.  This was an important visual I think for when the group is broken up.  We got to see both "parts" have separate segments.  Ambrose/Reigns functioning as a tag team and getting beaten down 3 on 2 leading to a really great and logical moment when HHH spies Reigns alone in the ring.

This leads to the Passion of the Reigns segment.  This was hugely important long term since the thing that makes a main event babyface in the WWE is stamina....that no matter what you hit them with somehow you can't pin them.  It's lazy, but it's been their thing for decades now and they need to show Reigns becoming that guy.  So he took a monumental beat down, like the bartender at the end of SHAUN OF THE DEAD being beaten in rhythm with pool cues.  But kept getting up and that inability to keep him down is what led them to the next big turning point where Rollins gets to do his big spot.

But I loved Loooooooved seeing Dean essentially hiding behind the set carnage while Roman was being beaten up, waiting for the right moment to attack.  I love that the camera caught that.  And I love that his effort was futile.  As soon as he was knocked down, you have to be thinking..."now, where is that Wascally Wollins? Oooooj There's that insane suicidal fool!"

The ending was also great.  It was that classic thing where, once it becomes clear that the heels can't make the babyfaces stay down, they're just confused and lost and doomed.  Not once but twice HHH was completely caught off guard by someone flying into frame to kill him.

• Like 2

I forgot to comment after posting that pic.

The PPV was pretty good for the most part. I loved Sheamus vs. Cesaro. They were a clubbering. It's a shame Dusty doesn't do commentary because would lose his shit calling that match. The swing as much fun as it is for us fans is a stupid move and tonight proved that fact. I just hope they keep a feuding.

Bo's PPV debut was so awesome even if Lawler and Cole continue to shit on it. Poor Kofi. Once upon a time he could have been something for them. But man Bo after the match checking on him and saying he could come back was so good. I can't wait till Bo does the YOU GET A COOKIE bit on RAW.

The stuff with Bryan and Stephanie is getting so dumb. From a logical standpoint he should just file a motion that Stephanie made the WWE a hazardous working enviorment with Kane. It was about time thought Brie finally emoted some emotion and slapped Stephanie. You almost think she wasn't expecting it. But yeah do some bullshit motion saying Bryan was injured not because of a match but by because of Stephanie's actions and therefore he can't be stripped. Boom that buys you an extra couple weeks to figure out what to do if he isnt ready by MITB.

Wyatt vs. Cena was what it was. We all knew Cena would either win in an exagerated manner or lose in an exagerated manner. If they do a war games style match, The Wyatts + 1 more vs. Cena/Uso's & 1 more would be a fun match.

Evolution/Sheild was not the wild brawl I hoped it would be. For No Holds Barred it was boring as fuck. If they were gonna do a regular elimination match for the first 2/3rd's they should have scrapped the No Holds Barred deal. That caining Roman took was uncomfortable to watch for a bit though. The eliminations would have been better stretched out but it was still a fun match. Just oddly done.