DVDVR Message Board

Payback '14

Dolfan in NYC

Has WWE actually called it The Knee That Beat John Cena? I thought that was just a joke around here...

In the weeks after Cena vs. Bryan at SummerSlam 2013, the commentators would refer to it by that. The debut of the running knee has to be one of the best debuts of a finish ever putting down JOHN CENA for a clean as a sheet three.

Nobody said anyone was an angel but Triple H put people over. Better people than Booker and Jericho.

The only reason people even mention the Booker thing is due to the racism angle. Without that, I don't think it would get mentioned at all, as Booker wasn't really at that level at the time. The thing is, once you go down that route, you have to let Booker go over, even if just in the short term.

The real crime is not putting Steiner over, but that's my own personal bias that, even if Steiner was shit at the time, there's no way Triple H is more awesome than Scott Steiner.

Out of likes.  Sucks so much.  Let's just look at this quote:

"there's no way Triple H is more awesome than Scott Steiner."

Now imagine Scott Steiner was running the WWE.  Goodbye Wellness Policy, Hello Live Tigers and Fire.  I could also see him giving Brock an even bigger push because on the penis chest tat brotherhood.  

• Like 1

Out of likes.  Sucks so much.  Let's just look at this quote:

"there's no way Triple H is more awesome than Scott Steiner."

Now imagine Scott Steiner was running the WWE.  Goodbye Wellness Policy, Hello Live Tigers and Fire.  I could also see him giving Brock an even bigger push because on the penis chest tat brotherhood.  

Scott Steiner can do body assessments:

• Like 1

Has WWE actually called it The Knee That Beat John Cena? I thought that was just a joke around here...

In the weeks after Cena vs. Bryan at SummerSlam 2013, the commentators would refer to it by that. The debut of the running knee has to be one of the best debuts of a finish ever putting down JOHN CENA for a clean as a sheet three.

When Hogan was going for the legdrop against Rock at WM18, JR said, "he beat Andre the Giant with that move!" I think "The Legdrop That Beat Andre the Giant" sounds pretty badass actually.

Nobody said anyone was an angel but Triple H put people over. Better people than Booker and Jericho.

The only reason people even mention the Booker thing is due to the racism angle. Without that, I don't think it would get mentioned at all, as Booker wasn't really at that level at the time.

He was essentially the No. 1 babyface on RAW and had held the same belt five times. The idea that he wasn't at the level to hold the title is beyond ludicrous.

The only reason people even mention the Booker thing is due to the racism angle. Without that, I don't think it would get mentioned at all, as Booker wasn't really at that level at the time.

He was essentially the No. 1 babyface on RAW and had held the same belt five times. The idea that he wasn't at the level to hold the title is beyond ludicrous.

He was a comedy character for two years in between what you refer to and when the match actually happened.

He was a comedy character for two years in between what you refer to and when the match actually happened.

What? 

Doing comedy wasn't remotely indicative of your status on the card back then - Austin, Rock, Angle, Regal etc did comedy, sometimes with Booker T. 

If the fans are behind somebody, what they were doing 2 months ago is of minimal relevance. 

Ask Jericho and Booker T about HHH putting over dudes.

Booker T was going to win at WrestleMania and then they signed Goldberg to take his place. I'm not sure what you mean with Jericho. Triple H had just returned to a monster pop at MSG. He was gone for months with a near crippling quad injury. Any legit babyface would have been booked to go over in that feud.

Back to the Cena/Bryan match. I'd have no issue with it if they didn't treat it as if Cena slipped on a banana peel. It was treated as if Bryan got lucky. Triple H put Bryan over clean as a sheet.

Right but being a five time champion in a defunct organization meant nothing by that very argument. The idea that he was a top star in 2003 is one I just don't see any basis for. He, RVD and Jericho were all in the right spot after their encounters with Hunter IMO

1. No it doesn't, you're being silly.

2. When all your stars are on borrowed time, you create as many as you can. It's not like you can really defend the strategy in terms for what was best for business. Booker, Jericho and yes, even RVD would have been better picks than Chris Benoit and Goldberg. 

In 2001 during the InVasion angle RVD was arguably the most over guy in the company maybe outside of Rock. Why didn't they put the title on him then? He was still over in '03 but he was red hot two years prior.. Triple H wasn't even around then. This idea that Hunter held RVD back is laughable.