DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

Olbermann can be overbearing and down right ridiculous, but if he isn't doing something that will get him suspended 3 or 4 times a year they're wasting money.  He is the guy who in general is going to give you well thought out opinions that make you think, damn he's the best in the world at this...but sometimes he is going to act like an ass to some college kids.  I think they should take the good with the bad, but don't try to handcuff him.

Suggestion to MLB network.  If you have a game listed starting at 11:00 and an earlier game ran long.  Even thought that 2nd game is on tape delay, and it's just preseason, go ahead and cut your stupid talking head show short and start the game at 11:00.  You can save your goddamn jabbering for another time when you don't have an actual game to play for me or I don't have my DVR set to tape that game.

Dan Plesak can tell me about the chatter he heard at the chow line tomorrow morning.  Just. show. the. fucking. game.

I think taking him off tv for this is better then a bs you can be on Twitter for a week

He was exceedingly contrite upon his return. Beyond a "I'm only saying this because I HAVE TO" apology. So there's that.

SAS is saying Chip Kelly is a racist

I am sure you are all shocked

If he outright said that I hope Kelly sues him for libel. The fact that ESPN employs the guy is a disgrace, but I guess that tells you all you need to know about them valuing screaming fools.

I'm 

If he outright said that I hope Kelly sues him for libel. The fact that ESPN employs the guy is a disgrace, but I guess that tells you all you need to know about them valuing screaming fools.

Didn't outright say it.   Did heavily imply it.  Basically, he brought up the Riley Cooper n-word incident, then went over some of the Eagles' recent player cuts - all the while saying things like "Well, some of these moves make brothers uncomfortable" and "I guess Riley Cooper is Chip Kelly's kind of guy".  Probably not quite libel/slander.

The real surprise was when Skip Bayless agreed with him.  I guess Skip couldn't think of anything idiotic to say on his own (or somehow get Tebow into the conversation) and felt he had to contribute somehow.

I'm

Didn't outright say it. Did heavily imply it. Basically, he brought up the Riley Cooper n-word incident, then went over some of the Eagles' recent player cuts - all the while saying things like "Well, some of these moves make brothers uncomfortable" and "I guess Riley Cooper is Chip Kelly's kind of guy". Probably not quite libel/slander.

The real surprise was when Skip Bayless agreed with him. I guess Skip couldn't think of anything idiotic to say on his own (or somehow get Tebow into the conversation) and felt he had to contribute somehow.

That reminds me of the time Bischoff said Bruce Mitchell had a lot in common with disgraced pedophile ML Curley. Mitchell sued and the case was quickly settled out of court. He didn't come right out and say Bruce was a kid toucher but like Screamin A it was obvious what he was saying. I'm no legal expert but I'd think Kelly would have a strong case.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure where this would go, but ESPN updated their website design out of nowhere. Its kind of odd and blog-like. I guess they wanted to be modern.

I'm not sure where this would go, but ESPN updated their website design out of nowhere. Its kind of odd and blog-like. I guess they wanted to be modern.

I know, its horrible, and nearly unviewable. . . .