DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who doesn't really think this is a big deal?  Tow truck drivers and the people who work at impound lots are some of the most unpleasant people on the planet.  They decided to dedicate their lives to making people miserable.  They always jack up prices, give you the third degree, and inconvienence people every way they can.  They get shit talked all day long, the only reason this is a story is because we know her name. I remember my friend got his car towed from my neighborhood and they charged him for 2 days when his car wasn't there for one, added a weekend fee, and a holiday fee.  That is after we had to argue with them to even release the car in the first place.  This asshole stood behind the counter of a business and told us they were closed despite being during their posted business hours.  They then said they wouldn't be reopening for another three days and we could come back to get his car then.  Of course he would have to pay for all three days with the extra weekend and holiday rates added to each day.  So they decided they would do him a favor and only charge him $450 to get his car when they may have had it for 4 hours.  Guess what, he HAD to pay it, or they would have just kept his car.  We have no idea what those people said, did, or tried to charge her for, before she started talking shit.  Fuck those people.

• Like 1

Britt McHenry is the poster child of the pretty perfect princess syndrome who thinks because she looks like a Barbie doll knockoff, everyone should give exactly what she wants and Heaven forbid if you don't.  Maybe the attendant did give her a hard time, but she made it worse by proving what an entitled hag she is.

And what does the attendant's weight and possible lack of education and teeth have to do with high towing prices?  McHenry lost any standing she may have had by personally attacking the other woman. Had she solely cussed about the towing, maybe the rest of us would give her the benefit of the doubt.

Fuck McHenry and her elitist attitude.  Heffa thinks she's on TV and how her shit doesn't stink.

• Like 1

Britt McHenry is the poster child of the pretty perfect princess syndrome who thinks because she looks like a Barbie doll knockoff, everyone should give exactly what she wants and Heaven forbid if you don't.  Maybe the attendant did give her a hard time, but she made it worse by proving what an entitled hag she is.

And what does the attendant's weight and possible lack of education and teeth have to do with high towing prices?  McHenry lost any standing she may have had by personally attacking the other woman. Had she solely cussed about the towing, maybe the rest of us would give her the benefit of the doubt.

Fuck McHenry and her elitist attitude.  Heffa thinks she's on TV and how her shit doesn't stink.

I don't think what she did was right.  I'm just saying that if there is a group of people who will push you to the point where you will insult them any way you can(Piece of advice...Insult them from behind the glass, you do not want to fight these people.  They are ready to fight at all times.) it is the tow truck/impound people.  The problem is that they have your balls(or boobs) in a vice and instead of acting like decent people, they price gouge and treat you like shit.  It is one of the only industries where you can be a complete asshole and people have no choice but to deal with you.  They have your car and can essentially charge anything they want for you to get it back.  They are basically the mob from Goodfellas, you want your car?  Fuck you pay me.  We treat you like shit?  Fuck you, pay me.  We are charging a price that makes no fucking sense whatsoever?  Fuck you, pay me.  I'm not saying she's right, I'm saying I can see why you might curse them out.

I think everyone should just hope that their worst moment isn't caught on tape...

You are in NOVA aren't you?  Do you know anyone who has had any interactions with that impound lot?  I know a couple and they don't have nice things to say.

I think everyone should just hope that their worst moment isn't caught on tape...

Feh.  Getting a $100K from AMFHV is my last dream, Rippa.  You shut your mouth.

You are in NOVA aren't you?  Do you know anyone who has had any interactions with that impound lot?  I know a couple and they don't have nice things to say.

NO ONE has good things to say about Advance

Even better--don't behave like that at all, regardless of if a camera is around.

Not to mention that the attendant apparently told McHenry about the camera prior to the total meltdown.  That she was warned about being on video and still talked like that means that she's a real piece of work.

I'm not saying the towing company deserves any sympathy, but I ain't feeling sorry for McHenry either.

I read that the specific company has a reputation of "bad tows" in Arlington...i'd be pissed off too.

It also doesn't help that seemingly all parking rules in the D.C. metro area are vague at best, and completely fucking incomprehensible at worst.  The parking rules on one side of the block could be different than they are on the other side of the block.  They have seemingly arbitrary rules about where you can park at what time.  Sometimes those rules are not described well at all.  I've seen posts with three different signs all with different poorly described rules for the same parking spot.  I've had a meter maid try to give me a ticket while I was standing in line at the pay machine.  Parking around here is big fucking business, meter maids, tow trucks, and parking garages seemingly exist only to make sure they ring every dime out of you.  DC's #1 money maker are fines from the nonsensical, inconsistent traffic and parking rules.  It is enough to make a person go crazy.  I guarantee that woman hears worse every day, we just don't know any of those people's names. 

I generally roll my eyes at people who say this, but.....Why is this newsworthy? Are we surprised that a tow attendant got screamed at? Are we surprised that the tow company is apparently run by shady people and has bad business practices? Are we surprised that the beautiful blonde TV personality came across as conceited and tone deaf? 

This isn't news, it's internet rubbernecking. 

As an aside, I love the people defending McHenry by pointing to the tow companies yelp reviews to prove they are shady. Really? Are there tow companies out there with stellar yelp reviews? Did Gregg review any tow companies as Karl G.?

• Like 1

Supreme is right that because of McHenry's fame, this is news.  Sports is in a slow cycle until the NFL Draft.  So thanks to Britt-Britt for taking one for the team and generating a story.

Does it surprise me that even still in 2015, a pretty perfect princess gets rescued/defended from situations they got themselves into?  Nah.  But it's still annoying as all out.

The two things that jump out to me is 1) she was told she was on camera yet still kept going 2) Do we know why she was at the tow place to begin with? Like am I really supposed to feel bad for her cause her car got towed if it was someplace it wasn't supposed to be?

I have never spoken to anyone like that in my life even on the internet.  That was awful. Also, is it the person behind the counter's fault that her shit got towed?  It's like buying something at Home Depot and it shits the bed and then going back in to scream at the cashier. 

I worked at a campus book store my first year of college and people would come in to complain to me about the price of books.  My answer was always the same. "Do I look like the guy who sets the price?"

The two things that jump out to me is 1) she was told she was on camera yet still kept going 2) Do we know why she was at the tow place to begin with? Like am I really supposed to feel bad for her cause her car got towed if it was someplace it wasn't supposed to be?

Tow company says it was in Chinese restaurant parking lot two hours after close. McHenry says that's not the case. Given the rep of the tow company, I tend to believe her.

Also worth noting the released video is heavily edited.

None of which should be taken as me absolving her for her awful behavior.

I talk like this to people in pretty crummy jobs all the time. In comedy sketches where I clearly play a villain.

That said, the video is edited really horribly. I have no idea who the woman is everyone is up in arms about as I don't have cable anymore, so I'm spared ESPN unless there's a basketball or baseball game on. Things that she said shouldn't come out of her mouth. But the editing tips it off that she was baited into a lot of this. She should have known better after the camera but we only get to see one side of the equation.

But it has been years since i worked at a job where "being treated like trash" was part of the job description. I worked at a Chuck E. Cheese one summer and literally had to kneel in apology to a child in order to keep my job. (I intentionally tripped her and her parents saw. But she did spit in my face and call me a shi*head.)

• Like 1