DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

The last two episodes of Friday Night Lights season 3 have left me an emotional wreck. I dont know what to expect from seasons 4 & 5 or even if ill care for some of the new characters but I know one thing...... Fuck Joe McCoy.

EDIT; Watched the first 2 eps of S4, this is gonna be awesome.

• Like 2

Is anyone still watching New Girl? I sat down with last night's episode this evening, and that was a fun premise and framing to work a story. The first part of this season just feels like the cast and the writers trying to come up with as much fun moments as they can think of n hopes of breathing life into the show after last season.

The last two episodes of Friday Night Lights season 3 have left me an emotional wreck. I dont know what to expect from seasons 4 & 5 or even if ill care for some of the new characters but I know one thing...... Fuck Joe McCoy.

EDIT; Watched the first 2 eps of S4, this is gonna be awesome.

I really think the show got even better the last two seasons. The big change really worked.

• Like 1

Is anyone still watching New Girl? I sat down with last night's episode this evening, and that was a fun premise and framing to work a story. The first part of this season just feels like the cast and the writers trying to come up with as much fun moments as they can think of n hopes of breathing life into the show after last season.

That most recent episode literally had me laughing out loud several times.  Everybody was just on fire and the episode really flowed well. 

Is anyone watching Jane The Virgin? It might be my favorite new show this year, which I would have never expected. The pilot is really solid and the series moves really well. The concept is sort of 'normal people trapped in a telenovella' and it works really well. Lots of fun.

Selfie has been cancelled. :(

I just... don't get it. You sign well known actors from 2 HUGELY popular sci fi franchises and you stick them in that rom com looking piece of shit?

And you make one of them use an American accent instead of letting her use her normal voice that was used in said franchise.

Is anyone watching Jane The Virgin? It might be my favorite new show this year, which I would have never expected. The pilot is really solid and the series moves really well. The concept is sort of 'normal people trapped in a telenovella' and it works really well. Lots of fun.

It did become kind of a joke on here due the preposterous premise, but I have heard it's one of CW's better shows.

Selfie has been cancelled. :(

I just... don't get it. You sign well known actors from 2 HUGELY popular sci fi franchises and you stick them in that rom com looking piece of shit?

And you make one of them use an American accent instead of letting her use her normal voice that was used in said franchise.
It's important to saddle the show with a title that immediately limits its shelf life and demographic appeal too.

So, at my brother-in-law's urging, I watched Too Many Cooks.

That was really fucking terrible.

Yeah, that's my reaction.  Actually, some of the other informercial parodies available from Adult Swim's On Demand channel have been funnier.  The Goth workout informericial and the dog product one killed me (the guy playing the host in the dog informercial had the scream-at-the-camera-be-too-intense style down perfectly).

I thought Too Many Cooks was funny for about four minutes,  Then it began to drag.  And I still don't understand the serial killer stuff.  Seemed needlessly dark and in kinda poor taste.