DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

The amount of sex offenders in the industry (Savile, Gary Glitter, Cosby, Elmo guy, Harris, Barney the Dinosaur etc) has to be way higher than normal and raises the question: Are these men just taking advantage of their position or did they intentionally become famous as a way to get away with these acts?

Than normal? What is regular sex offender level? 3 per year? This behavior has been around for virtually forever in the entertainment world. It just takes people awhile to come forward. That and you know...they're dead.

It's funny, since the Cos tells young ladies to pull their pants down.

.....Well, they all can't be winners. C- for effort.

Here's the pisser, ten minutes after that post I saw that Bill Maher made the same joke on Facebook.

You both missed the boat about 3 or 4 Cosby sexual allegiation stories ago.

It's funny, since the Cos tells young ladies to pull their pants down.

.....Well, they all can't be winners. C- for effort.
Here's the pisser, ten minutes after that post I saw that Bill Maher made the same joke on Facebook.

You both missed the boat about 3 or 4 Cosby sexual allegiation stories ago.

Yeah but weren't those jokes about his Pudding Pop?

You know Bill Cosby turning out to be a serial rapist is bad enough...but the fact that there are people out there who seem to be practically giddy about it because they disagreed with his socio-political views and see it as some kind of vindication of their own is really nauseating...

• Like 2

You know Bill Cosby turning out to be a serial rapist is bad enough...but the fact that there are people out there who seem to be practically giddy about it because they disagreed with his socio-political views and see it as some kind of vindication of their own is really nauseating...

I think the real issue is that no one gave a fuck about him being a serial rapist until it was framed by his socio-political views.  This isn't a new story, it just came up because someone who disagreed with his views mentioned that he probably isn't the person to judge people's behavior.  17 women accused him of raping them, and it barely made the news, a comedian says he needs to shut up talking shit about people when he rapes people and everyone paid attention.  The first of these allegations was in 1969, and we all decided to ignore it until now.

The amount of sex offenders in the industry (Savile, Gary Glitter, Cosby, Elmo guy, Harris, Barney the Dinosaur etc) has to be way higher than normal and raises the question: Are these men just taking advantage of their position or did they intentionally become famous as a way to get away with these acts?

Than normal? What is regular sex offender level? 3 per year? This behavior has been around for virtually forever in the entertainment world. It just takes people awhile to come forward. That and you know...they're dead.

Kevin Clash can probably be taken off of that list.

Dismissing everything she said doesn't change the reasons as to why people call Chicago "Chiraq" and the fact we're killing each other at an absurd rate all over the country. Bathroom Kama Sutra or not.

Well, now you have mainstream artists like Kanye co-signing drill music that more than glorifies "Chiraq" so I'm not sure we'll be seeing a lot of "stop the black on black violence" type of advocacy anytime soon. No lackin homie.

After watching How to Get Away with Murder, it's obvious Viola Davis is too good for this convoluted show to an almost embarrassing degree.

It's not like Spader in Blacklist where he's just hamming it up and having a good time with it, every scene she's bringing it but the material simply isn't there. And it kind of shows the whole thing up.

Has to be rare when an actor being too talented is actually bad for your material. Maybe it's like when Al Pacino shows up and does some real acting in Gigli which, instead of being a highlight, emphasizes how truly awful the movie has been up til then.

Apparently Cosby received a Hogan pop at his latest performance.

Next time people rush out to talk about how rape accusations ruin men's lives so we have to be super-doubtful of the victims, might be worth pointing out Mike Tyson has his own cartoon, Allen and Polanski are still making movies and Cosby's getting standing ovations after 23 women accuse him of rape.

Seriously: what? I'd like to know the thought process of someone getting up and cheering for a guy who's been accused of multiple rapes and hasn't even tried to put out a denial.  

• Like 1

I still don't believe Tyson raped that girl. Patrice O'Neal said it best:  "I know Tyson didn't rape that girl when he said (and I'm paraphrasing) 'for having to go to jail for this shit, I should've raped her'.  Guilty guys don't say that".

I still don't believe Tyson raped that girl. Patrice O'Neal said it best:  "I know Tyson didn't rape that girl when he said (and I'm paraphrasing) 'for having to go to jail for this shit, I should've raped her'.  Guilty guys don't say that".

Eh, Don King offered her $3 million dollars to drop the whole thing and she said no because she wanted to make a point.

She also got the full rape kit treatment at the hospital right after it and it backed up everything she said.

Not really consistent with a woman who is lying for fame and money.

• Like 1

So Reed is Nancy Grace right?

I think saying a guy who's been accused of rape by 23 women is almost certainly guilty is a bit different than latching on to the husband of some missing white woman and trying to ruin his life because he looks a bit smug and shifty.

Also, I know Benoit didn't go on a killing spree because he got demoted from the four horsemen to Raw.

The sex part was never denied. There is a difference post-sex remorse and 'taking it'.

King tried to buy her off? That shocks you? Tyson was his cash cow, so that's not surprising. Innocent or guilty, he was protecting his cash cow.

King trying to pay her off isn't shocking at all. But her turning it down is. It pretty strongly suggests she wasn't after a payday and wanted justice for what happened.

As for the "post sex remose" nonsense, do you know how traumatic and lengthy the whole court process is? And most of the time you aren't even going to get a conviction. Why would anyone go through that when they didn't have to?

I liked the film Gone Girl, but dear God, did it reinforce the hugely damaging notion that women just make up rape allegations for fun.

Good point.  Only wide-eyed innocents express regret that they didn't fucking rape somebody.