DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

Finally watching the pre-Dynasty Rampage. The way that Emi stooged at ringside while they checked on Yuka and let her try and walk off the ankle injury was genius. Grabbing an action figure and pretending to throw it to the audience, only to fake it out and cackle. Doing the same with the energy drinks, except looking in the camera, shaking her finger saying “Nooooo”. And then the match slows down, giving Emi a sustained heel control segment where Yuka could still hit an occasional hope spot, ending with her out of the blue through the ropes suplex for the pin. It’s always a joy to see Emi but this really showed just how great she is.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Also, if Tony can find a red Ribera jacket and a bat with “THUMPER” on it for his next TV appearance

Lost in the background of the best known Doug comment is the amazing “if I were you, I’d wanna play Doug Gilbert every day” which is an amazing way to respond to being imitated

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I know it can't happen cause of all the injuries he has, but the seeds are there for a Jericho/Taz fight.

I just want one more Tazmission. Sure he can do that. Did you hear the pop he got just from standing up from the desk? Even Jericho was distracted by it.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Oh shit who’s gonna play Rough House Khan on a weekend pass from the sanitarium?

We have a volunteer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Tony Khan has always wanted to be one of the boys. That’s why he can’t function as a leader.

Remember when Vince was taking tag team finishers in bars? Do you hold the same position about Vince's "leadership"?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Remember when Vince was taking tag team finishers in bars? Do you hold the same position about Vince's "leadership"?

No. And whataboutism is a poor defense of Tony Khan. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

No. And whataboutism is a poor defense of Tony Khan. 

So it's ok for one owner to want to be "one of the boys", but not the other?

Consistency is important, pal

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Infinit said:

So it's ok for one owner to want to be "one of the boys", but not the other?

Consistency is important, pal

I never said it was and I was never talking about McMahon.

So I will only attend wrestling events if they are in one particular arena, because its close to my house, parking is easy, and I don't like going into DC. Well AEW is FINALLY running it in June for Dynamite so I get to go to my first AEW show, very excited.

• Like 12

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I never said it was and I was never talking about McMahon.

My point is that "owner wanting to be one of the boys" isn't a new Tony Khan phenomenon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Darby Allin got hit by a bus when crossing the road. Thankfully he's okay.

It's like the universe is trying to tell him something... 🤔 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Darby Allin got hit by a bus when crossing the road. Thankfully he's okay.

Are we totally sure it wasn’t on purpose?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2