DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

6 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Hero works there now.  Is he shy about putting in a word for Rachel Ellering?

She’s too natural a face. She should be Willow’s pal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Log said:

I really want a Road Warriors/Skyscrapers/SST/etc type team so bad. I’ve said it before, I want to see some fools get wrecked. And, in pro wrestling, one of the best ways to see fools get wrecked is by a tag team comprised of two big, strong, scary dudes/dudettes. 

Big same. With the women, I think the closest we've come so far was probably the (too) short-lived Nyla/Marina team. On the men's side, I was REALLY hoping for this for Gates of Agony. Not sure what the status is of the Mogul Embassy with Swerve now being a de-facto, if not full-blown, babyface, but hopefully his time on top means good things for those guys as far as being featured and pushed in earnest. Also, many of us have sorta fantasy booked this one so it goes without saying almost, but man, the Dutch Righteous/JD Drake super team is right friggin' there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Well, I think that we got tons of coverage for AEW. And I think it is important to say I think AEW is the best wrestling company in the world in many ways. I think that we have the best wrestlers, the best matches, we’ve been putting on the best shows. I think the best pay-per-view events this year have been the two AEW events [Revolution and Dynasty].

Okay.  I'll just say it...   How does bringing up a real life, horrific sexual assault case sell AEW... its roster, its matches, or its shows, in any way?   

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Okay.  I'll just say it...   How does bringing up a real life, horrific sexual assault case sell AEW... its roster, its matches, or its shows, in any way?   

WE'RE NOT VINCE!

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Just inviting people to shine a spotlight (or should I say black light) on your company

Who is to say that they weren't doing that before? Or were actively doing that? People have vendetta again AEW (justified or unjustified). If something happens, it will come to light. Trust and believe.

Thing is though...it likely won't damage Tony Khan. He is extremely wealthy and will likely stay that way. It is going to affect and impact the people directly or indirectly involved who cannot afford that. Tony can afford to not give a shit cause he has been able to do that literally his whole life. I don't know about some people who if it weren't for the wrestling business would be a part time computer programmer or working in retail (or "managing a Target"). That's a different argument.