DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROSTER PURGE - 9/21/23

ChesterCopperpot

53 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

I like that breakdown of the roster from Mace and Monsoor. Is Rollins generally known as antisocial backstage? He always seemed like a weird annoying dude even before the dumb Jared Leto character but I've never really heard of anyone within the company having issues with him.

Keep in mind some of the stuff they said was apparently in jest. With Seth I wouldn't be too surprised since his likely best friends in WWE are Roman and Big E, and he isn't around either that much anymore. He also has a kid he likely wants to spend time with. He and Becky probably don't spend near as much time with the roster as they used to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It sucks for people to lose their job but with some of these NXT people I almost guiltily feel relief that they won't have to work under those stupid fucking names any more

Like I'm sure if Gable Steveson does get released he'll be more than happy to just be able to be known by his real name, [glances at Wikipedia] oh dear god

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

how many 2011/12 FCW guys are still in the WWE aside from Seth and Roman and an injured Big E?

Looking at an Eight Man Tag main event from the FCW Arena on October 6th, 2011: Husky Harris, Leakee, Richie Steamboat and Seth Rollins vs Cesaro, Sandow, Dean Ambrose, and Leo Kruger.

The only other ones I can think of is Byron Saxton and maybe Corey Graves.  I don't know if Bayley ever went to FCW near the end

8 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

was he in a group or did his nickname not really make sense at the time? I know it's a band reference and all

That's the thing - he wasn't in a group. It's like he had the star power to be the "frontman" of a band that may or may not exist at this time.

2 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Xavier Woods? I seem to recall him and Tyler Breeze talking about FCW in a video recently.

Yeah - Woods was in FCW. Breeze and Woods were actually tag team partners for a bit in FCW. They told the story on the New Day podcast how Breeze won the Tag Team title with Roman Reigns (Reigns first ever title reign) and Woods found out he wasn't teaming with Breeze anymore by seeing the match while working the merch table.

Others who were there (who may or may not have been mentioned)

• Drew McIntyre
  • The Usos
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Kofi Kingston
  • Nattie
  • Roman Reigns
  • Sheamus
  • Tamina

I didn't count people like Titus, Wade Barrett and Jason Jordan who are with the company but not as wrestlers

16 hours ago, zendragon said:

I could see bringing Shelton and and Nemeth to AEW in similar fashion to Madison Rayne, on TV for a bit then a transition to backstage. Maybe Top Dolla as a stooge for Swerve?

Top Dolla isn’t getting a whiff of AEW.

18 hours ago, Matt D said:

1. I haven’t seen a Dolph match in years.

2. There’s a reason for that.

3. The only thing that kept him from being completely unwatchable prior to that was WWE reining in some of his worst instincts. 

Winter Secret Santo pick unlocked. 😏

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I don't totally trust the numbers, but a lot of people are going on the idea that Dolph Ziggler wrestled the second-most matches in WWE, sandwiched between Big Show at #3 and Kane at #1.

The numbers are way more accurate than you realize because the internet has raised an entire generation of people who research this.

Remember folks like Dolph, Kofi, Miz have been around at least 15 years and were mid-card guys during the peak House Show era and who rarely got hurt

Using Dolph as the example and using Cagematch for the data

Between 2009-2018 - he wrestled almost 1700 matches (1682 by my quick math). That doesn't count his Spirit Squad run either

For comparison - Bruno Sammartino wrestled 1357 known matches between 1960-1969. Hulk Hogan wrestled 992 between 1984-1991.

Kane is #1 because he was fucking there forever. He has 18 years were he wrestled AT LEAST 100 matches (6 of those over 150 matches) and then 5 more years of extra matches.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Top Dolla isn’t getting a whiff of AEW.

Winter Secret Santo pick unlocked. 😏

Yeah, didn’t Top Dolla have some pretty disparaging things to say about the Acclaimed? He really screwed himself if he wants to keep wrestling…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

I just saw Shanky is 32. Damn if I didn't always assume he was like 19 or something. Surely there's a place somewhere in this business for a giant with a baby face. 

Fans would take it the wrong way if Shanky had to show ID before wrestling matches, wouldn’t they?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

I like that breakdown of the roster from Mace and Monsoor. Is Rollins generally known as antisocial backstage? He always seemed like a weird annoying dude even before the dumb Jared Leto character but I've never really heard of anyone within the company having issues with him.

I haven't read their breakdown.  Do they mean antisocial, i.e. the psych meaning, or antisocial, the lay person's "not interested in being socially involved with others" (a/k/a the wrong meaning)?

18 hours ago, odessasteps said:

People could be making up some of these NXT names and I would not know the difference. 

Do you want to play the game NXT or ChatGPT?

Lola Vice

Elowen Roark

Lyla Stone

Tank Ledger

Bronco Nima

Seren Winters

Lyric Larkspur

Sol Ruca

Draven Hawthorne

Lucien Price

I like Riddle as a wrestler, but I hope AEW doesn't bother with him. They just got rid of a backstage headache. Let's go back to the early AEW philosophy of, as Taz put it on Unrestricted, "we don't hire shitheads."

• Like 4

1 minute ago, zendragon said:

Do you really think they would want him?

A guy who can talk, can go in the ring, has an A-Tier level charisma, and is an easily recognizable name?   

Do you really think they wouldn't?  

• Like 2