DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JULY 2023

On 7/3/2023 at 7:09 PM, StuntmanCrowley said:

When it comes to face tattoos, I can honestly say that Shlak's "Chaos Wheel" face tattoo doesn't look bad and fits his whole aesthetic perfectly.

But is something fitting Shlak's aesthetic a good thing, no matter how on brand?

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Eddie Kingston NJPW SPOILER:

Reveal hidden contents

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1676563685299433474

Such a feel good moment. Now magnify that when Eddie Kingston wins the ROH World Championship or AEW World Championship. Eddie Kingston should be the one to end MJF's reign of terror.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Eddy Kingston doing his best to honour DEAN~!'s legacy, by crying MANLY tears of joy.

Spoiler

Wow, I got a little emotional and I didn't even see the damn match! That's how much I love Kingston's character. Looks I'm gonna be watching Strong for the second time ever. And HOMICIDE being on hand for the celebration puts it right over the top. Now, as Natty alludes to: let's f'n run this scene back in NYC this fall!*

*Or Hartford, or Boston - I live near the train, I ain't picky

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sabremike said:

and no, I don't count Colision In Korea for reasons anyone more intelligent than an earthworm can figure out.

Yeah, 100% papered show. They totally let those guys in for free! Sadly, that's pretty much it as far as "free" goes in that place!

Edited by Shartnado
free...
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Yeah, 100% papered show. They totally let those guys in for free! Sadly, that's pretty much it as far as "free" goes in that place!

"Let" nothing; they literally forced people to go. Right? 

2 hours ago, Dog said:

"Let" nothing; they literally forced people to go. Right? 

-You want to see some professional wrestling?

-Not really.

-Do you want to see your family again?

-Um, yes, of course!

-Then go see some professional wrestling.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dog said:

So, uh, what's the significance of this belt Kingston's won? Sometimes I feel like New Japan has more titles than even AEW does. 😨

That’s the belt that’s basically the top belt of the US based NJPW people used to be for the weekly NJPW Strong show but now they’ve changed the frequency of the shows and the need for the STRONG belts is kinda muddy but it’s for NJPW US shows mostly. In the grand scheme of NJPW it’s a mid or lower card belt. But for the guys who mainly work in US  it’s kind of the top belt
I’m sure that cleared up nothing.

Edited by Sublime
  • Like 9

On 7/3/2023 at 6:02 PM, TheVileOne said:

AEW takes some really big swings sometimes that they will abandon within about two weeks. 

As bad as some of their stuff can be at least TK doesn't seem to be overly stubborn and try and force it

• Like 2

AEW will (apparently) make its Montreal debut in December on the 5th with a Collision & ROH taping, and the 6th with a live Dynamite & taped Rampage combo.

I guess supposedly Collision is being taped on Tuesday because the Montreal Canadiens have a home game on Thursday.

Honestly, if you don't give Kingston the title over MJF, a very long program with Jon Moxley over the NJPW Strong Openweight Championship would be nice.. maybe they can run back the barbed wire exploding ring death match, and with the same detail of Eddie covering Jon.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Honestly, if you don't give Kingston the title over MJF, a very long program with Jon Moxley over the NJPW Strong Openweight Championship would be nice.. maybe they can run back the barbed wire exploding ring death match, and with the same detail of Eddie covering Jon.

I don't know if they would rather us just forget that match ever happened but I always hoped they'd run another one just to do the ending better. Its tough as the last one was a really good match but all anyone remembers (understandably) is the botched ending. If TK had any pride he'd want to run that shit back and have a better 'moment' to put in their dynamite intros.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dunno how many people here are going to All In at Wembley but I discovered today that on the 27th Kings Cross is fully shut to all trains. Will affect the east coast mainline so Peterborough, Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle, Edinburgh etc etc. I was planning to travel on the morning of the show so it’s threw me a little. PSA, in case it helps anyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I don't know if they would rather us just forget that match ever happened but I always hoped they'd run another one just to do the ending better. Its tough as the last one was a really good match but all anyone remembers (understandably) is the botched ending. If TK had any pride he'd want to run that shit back and have a better 'moment' to put in their dynamite intros.

You can have a good exploding deathmatch or you can have liability insurance, but you absolutely cannot have both.

On 7/6/2023 at 11:10 AM, Casey said:

AEW will (apparently) make its Montreal debut in December on the 5th with a Collision & ROH taping, and the 6th with a live Dynamite & taped Rampage combo.

I guess supposedly Collision is being taped on Tuesday because the Montreal Canadiens have a home game on Thursday.

They're getting good results in Canada. I wonder what the over/under is on WWE working Canada a ton again now...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

They're getting good results in Canada. I wonder what the over/under is on WWE working Canada a ton again now...

Given how wildly successful the run up to Sami vs Roman was, they should go back to Canada ASAP. Maybe not do as long of a tour as AEW is doing, especially with running cities too close to each other, but I don't expect AEW to do that again. 

I'm still absolutely puzzled who thought running Hamilton was a good idea. Isn't that Jeff Jarrett's department, scheduling the tours and live events?