DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JULY 2023

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

If so, well, Jarrett did work WWF when they were in Canada I imagine, so he'd have some knowledge/expertise in touring there. 

I was going to say something similar: I kinda figured that Jarrett was using a version of Vince's mid-'90s philosophy where they were constantly touring Europe when they weren't drawing flies here - not sure if Jarrett had left yet/returned yet when this occurred, but I seem to recall TNA drawing some pretty good houses in the UK at one point, wouldn't surprise me if it was out of the same playbook

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I was going to say something similar: I kinda figured that Jarrett was using a version of Vince's mid-'90s philosophy where they were constantly touring Europe when they weren't drawing flies here - not sure if Jarrett had left yet/returned yet when this occurred, but I seem to recall TNA drawing some pretty good houses in the UK at one point, wouldn't surprise me if it was out of the same playbook

I was going to bring this up elsewhere, but yeah Jeff talked about touring on a recent episode of his podcast and how that actually works. He basically sat under the Vince McMahon learning tree. However, from what I can glean, there is no one factor that dictates where a company does a show next. They (WWF/E under Vince) consider a whole bunch of factors including everything from when they did a show there last to what type of potential competition they have in that area like concerts, sporting events, etc.

• Like 1

In Death of the Territories it seemed that Vinces strategy in running new markets was to treat first shows as loss leaders in exchange for getting a foothold. (Similar to how ZUFFA era UFC ran places like Ireland) Could be part of the plan for this Canada tour

• Like 2

TK responded to a fan on Twitter asking for Chris Hero in the Blood & Guts match and he said he’s “chipping away” at Hero to get him to come back.

Eddie’s rage will know no boundaries if Mox has Hero AND Claudio on his team while Eddie is away in the G1. Holy shitttt.

• Like 6

Once a week I have a 300 mile drive into the desert I regularly hear Jane and Carry One on the local classic rock station, this week they happened to play Final Countdown and all was right in my worldCAUSE THERE AINT NO RAIN IN THE DESERT

• Like 11

Not entirely unexpected, but funny reading ppl talking about 'Canada'. Take a peak at a map and check the travel distance. There's a smaller gap between many of these cities to 'USA' than between say Toronto and Edmonton. I'm cool with every city being 'Canada' if we can refer to Greenville and Newark and all US cities as 'USA'. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Not entirely unexpected, but funny reading ppl talking about 'Canada'. Take a peak at a map and check the travel distance. There's a smaller gap between many of these cities to 'USA' than between say Toronto and Edmonton. I'm cool with every city being 'Canada' if we can refer to Greenville and Newark and all US cities as 'USA'. 

IIRC isn’t every major Canadian city within like 150 km of the US border?

As someone in Texas, I get the travel distance thing, but the four largest cities in Texas are within about 5 hours of each other.

so, dirtsheets, grain of salt obviously - but Sapp says Punk pitched himself for Blood & Guts on the BCC side. Mox supposedly has no issue with it, but “another source” told him the Bucks rejected the idea 😂 supposedly the teams were already decided as of this week.

Edited by Casey
more context
  • Haha 2

Mox, Yuta, Claudio, Takeshita, Hero, Punk (let my Danielson heal up for the McGuinness match that will make me cry) vs Omega, Young Bucks, Hangman, Jericho, Ibushi vs Evil Uno, Stu, Silver, Reynolds, Colt, SAMOA JOE!!! 
Doooooo it. It’ll be wild be what they hey.

• Like 3

• In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Timothy Thatcher discussed his AEW match against Bryan Danielson that took place this February: “AEW, that was literally out of the blue. It happened because Bryan Danielson wanted to wrestle me. For me, that was reason enough to fly from Tokyo to Dayton, Ohio for a day and back.”
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

They can cover something by XRay Spex, “Oh Bondage Up Yours” would be good or they could do “I Am a Poseur”. 

That's Sawyer Wreck's music.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 10:24 AM, HarryArchieGus said:

Miami, Florida is closer to Toronto, Ontario than Kenora, Ontario lol

• Like 2