DVDVR Message Board

February 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

On 2/2/2023 at 1:28 AM, Casey said:

Have you ever been to the Ryman? I saw She & Him there (also 2010!) and those church pew type seats are terrible. I can’t imagine sitting through a wrestling show there. But if it ever happened, I’d probably force myself to travel to Nashville just for the spectacle of pro wrestling at the Ryman.

Nashville traffic is absolutely awful.  And nothing but agreement about the Ryman's seating. There's a new arena in Bellevue which is right outside of Nashville. Clarksville has some good venues too. There is a ton of college arenas here in Nashville though, it's a reason we're caller the Athens of the South. 

On 2/2/2023 at 1:34 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

I'm from Northwest Mississippi (the Delta area) and that's an hour and half away from Memphis. Memphis to Nashville is a three and a half hour drive. You know what's between Memphis and Nashville? Nothing. If you lived more towards that area, I would understand.

I know what's between Nashville and Memphis....Bucksnort Tennessee!

I actually did a road trip last year to check out college campuses for my nephew with my family. Flew in to Nashville, drove to Memphis and then drove to Atlanta with stops in Tupelo and Birmingham. Felt like a wrestler making towns lol.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I actually did a road trip last year to check out college campuses for my nephew with my family. Flew in to Nashville, drove to Memphis and then drove to Atlanta with stops in Tupelo and Birmingham. Felt like a wrestler making towns lol.

Yeah, you kinda chuckle everytime you see the sign for Bucksnort, TN. That said, most of those towns still look the same as when folks were working the Memphis, Mid-South/Watts' UWF, and SECW/Continental territories. That's why it feels that way.

• Like 1

On the Dynamite recap episode of WOR Meltzer spoke about the upcoming AEW house shows. He mentioned they'd done 'them' in the past speaking of the taped Jacksonville show and 'other(s)' he couldn't name. Suggesting the shows were not profitable. Were there more house shows than pandemic era 'House Always Wins' in Jacksonville?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

On the Dynamite recap episode of WOR Meltzer spoke about the upcoming AEW house shows. He mentioned they'd done 'them' in the past speaking of the taped Jacksonville show and 'other(s)' he couldn't name. Suggesting the shows were not profitable. Were there more house shows than pandemic era 'House Always Wins' in Jacksonville?

They had a Fan Fest show before Revolution last year and 3 nights at the Tokyo Game Show  for Fight Forever, I'm not seeing anything else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Infinit said:

8 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Yeah, you kinda chuckle everytime you see the sign for Bucksnort, TN. That said, most of those towns still look the same as when folks were working the Memphis, Mid-South/Watts' UWF, and SECW/Continental territories. That's why it feels that way.

TIL that Bucksnort, TN is a real place. would have said with 100% certainty that it was something made up by Bunkhouse Buck/Jimmy Golden, Rob or Ron Fuller, or WCW.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucksnort,_Tennessee

Latest On Taping Plans For ROH TV Series

A new report has details on when ROH’s TV series will begin taping. Fightful Select reports that the site’s Will Washington has learned the ROH TV tapings will take place in Florida on the final weekend of February, according to what talent have been told. Members of the roster assumed that the tapings will take place at Universal Studios, where AEW often films episodes of AEW Dark.

These will be the first tapings for ROH TV since late 2021. The final new episode of ROH TV aired on December 24th of that year and was taped at some point earlier.

There is no word on when the company may tape beyond that weekend, though the taping is said to cover shows leading into March 31st’s Supercard of Honor show.

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 2:28 PM, Belgian_Waffle said:

My suggestion was more a dig at Buddy who I find very bland and deadweight-ish compared to the other two guys. But fair enough.

I mean, he’s a fish out of water a bit with that group, but he fucking rules, so I’m willing to overlook that.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:27 PM, twiztor said:

TIL that Bucksnort, TN is a real place. would have said with 100% certainty that it was something made up by Bunkhouse Buck/Jimmy Golden, Rob or Ron Fuller, or WCW.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucksnort,_Tennessee

Besides obviously Death Valley and Truth or Consequences, if it's a crazy sounding place in the Bible belt or the real Deep South it's probably a real place. Bitters, Arkansas is the exception, not the rule.

On 2/3/2023 at 1:58 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

I think he meant fight for the fallen and fyter fest which were before dynamite started and streamed on b/r live. I had never heard they were considered failures but they said they were going to do special events other than tv and ppv and they stopped. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

"Some" is an understatement. Full sleeves aren't enough for him to keep up at this point. 

And if he covers THOSE arms with ANY unnecessary ink, he's a moron! You're not a moron, Buddy, right? Please, don't be a moron! Put a "satan" across your upper back if absolutely necessary, or just get kicked out of HOB in favor of Trench, or something, but not that.

Edited by Shartnado
your, not "tour" upper back
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Shartnado said:

And if he covers THOSE arms with ANY unnecessary ink, he's a moron! You're not a moron, Buddy, right? Please, don't be a moron! Put a "satan" across your upper back if absolutely necessary, or just get kicked out of HOB in favor of Trench, or something, but not that.

Please keep Trench far, far away from the House of Black. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Tell me there isn't some part of you that's dying to see Trench try to cut one of those way-too-complicated HoB promos.

For all we know, Trench might a Mark Briscoe level genius, but the face tattoos suggest otherwise. 

11 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Tell me there isn't some part of you that's dying to see Trench try to cut one of those way-too-complicated HoB promos.

Now I want to see him cutting promos exactly like Keith Lee. 

Edited by evidence
  • Like 2

Beyond Wrestling announced that Wheeler Yuta, Tracy Williams and Trish Adora had all been pulled from their show on Sunday 26th February. They initially said Willow Nightingale too, but they have since withdrawn that and said she'll be there. But this has a lot of people thinking, ROH is taping that day.

• Like 2