DVDVR Message Board

February 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Are the Ass Boys still a part of Firm? 

They got Big Bill to beat somebody up for them so... maybe?

I guess they really dropped that whole "stable on retainer" thing pretty quickly.

While it can't hurt Stokely to be with the tag champs, I think the real value would be for Christian to end up with them.

Everyone would know that he's just using them for a payoff and so he can do less work but they're so desperate for a father figure that they flock to him and buy all of his bullshit. It'd be amazing TV.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Matt D said:

While it can't hurt Stokely to be with the tag champs, I think the real value would be for Christian to end up with them.

Everyone would know that he's just using them for a payoff and so he can do less work but they're so desperate for a father figure that they flock to him and buy all of his bullshit. It'd be amazing TV.

You've brought up a few different scenarios for Christian and it's just making me realize how much he and Jungle Boy need to wrap up their stuff so both of them can move on.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

The Firm are wank though. So many more deserving guys.

Yes, such as Powerhouse Hobbs. I'd be in favor of it though. The Firm are routinely getting booked on TV, and it would finally give the group some genuine bite to their bark. At least give them something to do and add some intrigue in there for TV with them. Jungle Boy's on a chase for singles gold, gives him a David vs. Goliath type challenge. 

Wrestling Superstar CM Punk Pins Revamped Spanish Revival in Los Feliz

Now Punk has a new home outside the ring, too, doling out exactly $4 million — a whopping $750,000 over the asking price — for West Coast digs in the historic Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles.

Originally built way back in the 1930s, the Spanish Revival structure recently underwent a significant renovation. Tucked away on a quiet street, and secured by walls and a gate, the house sports four bedrooms and six bathrooms spread across 3,700 square feet of modernized living space rife with period details like arched doorways, hardwood floors and wainscot walls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Stokely's new character is the best, I hope it's not temporary. 

Omega should eventually become to the All Atlantic title what Lyger was to the IWGP Jr. title -- the legendary guy who holds the belt like a million times, can beat anybody at any time, but also loses to the young stars along the way when the stakes are high.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Yes, such as Powerhouse Hobbs. I'd be in favor of it though. The Firm are routinely getting booked on TV, and it would finally give the group some genuine bite to their bark. At least give them something to do and add some intrigue in there for TV with them. Jungle Boy's on a chase for singles gold, gives him a David vs. Goliath type challenge. 

I have Powerhouse Hobbs for the FotR ladder match on Wednesday. Hobbs/Joe or Hobbs/Wardlow for the TNT title would be a good time.

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I have Powerhouse Hobbs for the FotR ladder match on Wednesday. Hobbs/Joe or Hobbs/Wardlow for the TNT title would be a good time.

Wardlow and Hobbs are two guys Tony Khan has let slip by the wayside. Wardlow even more so considering all the heat and momentum he had in the MJF feud.

• Like 1

What's the cutoff on Wardlow not popping off being the fault of Wardlow/booking and not the MJF stuff? After his win, he had the silly thing with Sterling, and then Sky/Lambert and won the TNT title, at that point, he should be past anything MJF related and needed to sink or swim on his own.

58 minutes ago, Casey said:

It would be a good time but I don’t want him just to get fed to wardlow. For that reason I’m really hoping Hobbs and Takeshita aren’t the winner. Anyone else can win it and lose to wardlow. 

Edited by matt925

18 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I like the idea of Big Bill winning the All Atlantic title from Orange Cassidy. The Firm needs something and a lower card belt would be a good start.

And The Keith Lee can be his first challenger "Large William, good Sir! I propose a proposition!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

This week's Dynamite (I think) will be the first one with a 30 day delay on FITE. I downloaded the DAZN app, but I have not made any deals as of yet. Well see how badly I need my current Dynamite fix. Maybe I'll survive on the back episodes at least until after Revolution.