DVDVR Message Board

February 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

Decided to pick up the original Full Gear 2019 PPV with my FITE credits. I'm here mostly for PAC vs Adam Page, but this has all kinds of wonderful stuff, including Cody vs Chris Jericho for the title. It was odd to hear the crowd NOT singing along with Judas during Jericho's entrance. I need to come back to this again, since the ending night shift meant me drifting in and out of consciousness. Just witnessing MJF becoming the asshole he's known today was something else!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Decided to pick up the original Full Gear 2019 PPV with my FITE credits. I'm here mostly for PAC vs Adam Page, but this has all kinds of wonderful stuff, including Cody vs Chris Jericho for the title. It was odd to hear the crowd NOT singing along with Judas during Jericho's entrance. I need to come back to this again, since the ending night shift meant me drifting in and out of consciousness. Just witnessing MJF becoming the asshole he's known today was something else!

Hey, I went to that one!  We were on the upper level and looking directly at the front of the stage.  Made for one helluva visual that's for sure.  We all anticipated MJF turning on Cody at the end and were ready to boo like mad.  The show also had Ricky Morton doing a Canadian Destroyer which blew the roof off plus the insane Lights Out match.  I was beyond giddy and made no effort to hide my delight seeing that.  Man, I loved that show.  It's also the rare one I won't watch back as I just want to have the memories of what I saw live.

Also, there were attempts to get the Judas singalong going.  In my section I was just not-too-loudly singing along and some followed suit.  And in another section it sounded like there were a lot more people that were singing along too.  For all we know if one was loud enough and others started up it might have been the actual first time.  But that wasn't meant to be.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope the match with Moxley and Stu Grayson's tweet in reaction will put the Dark back in the Dark Order. 

Give me a Dark Order that's less oriented around goofy comedy and more around Uno trying to blind people with a spike.

• Like 3

DDP says give Cody the book!

https://twitter.com/RobbieBarstool/status/1629288310211244033

DDP didn't hold back on Cody Rhodes leaving AEW:

"Tony Khan did not realize what he lost ... who ever heard of Darby Allin? Cody goes 20min with him in a draw! He brought MJF in! If Cody would have been booking, they never would have screwed up Wardlow."

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, zendragon said:

May be an image of 5 people and text that says 'sportskeeda 1O0 WINS ALL ELITE IN ACW WRESTLING'

When was the last time Uno had a singles match not on youtube? I have to think MOX is a bit of a draw

February of last year against Adam Cole on Rampage, in the lead up to Cole’s Revolution match against Hangman.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Anna Jay suffered dislocated ribs in THAT AEW Rampage street fight teaming with Tay Melo vs. Ruby Soho/Willow Nightingale, 13th January 2023. Bloody hell.

Was that when she got power-bombed off the stage and missed the table? Dislocated ribs sound painful as all hell, but I would count her lucky if that was the worst of her injuries given that spot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Was that when she got power-bombed off the stage and missed the table? Dislocated ribs sound painful as all hell, but I would count her lucky if that was the worst of her injuries given that spot.

Has to be.

• Like 1

Not sure if we're pulling out the ROH talk in 2023 or not but I wasn't going to bump the 2022 thread.

Long story short, I'm excited about the tapings tonight because the PPV is wide open past Athena vs Yuka. You take the potential AEW roster (being everyone that had been on previous ROH PPVs, everyone who was hired with ROH in mind, everyone under the age of 28) and there are any number of matches I want to see. I'm hoping for Claudio vs RUSH but there are plenty of great choices.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Eh, so far from the results it looks like a bunch of squashes and one decent match per show, which has been every ROH TV episode since 2009.

According to the results, there's been one squash so far (and it's the sort of squash that sounds like a ton of fun).

• Like 2