DVDVR Message Board

2023 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Ru Paul's Drag Race is back to 90 minute episodes starting March 10th and thank goodness for that because WAY too much is being left out of this current season.

• Thanks 2

Extrapolations

The cast is giant

The series stars Meryl Streep, Sienna Miller, Kit Harington, Daveed Diggs, Edward Norton, Diane Lane, Tahar Rahim, Yara Shahidi, Matthew Rhys, Gemma Chan, David Schwimmer, Adarsh Gourav, Keri Russell, Marion Cotillard, Forest Whitaker, Eiza González, Murray Bartlett, Indira Varma, Tobey Maguire, MaameYaa Boafo, Hari Nef, Heather Graham, Michael Gandolfini, Cherry Jones, Gaz Choudhry, Ben Harper, Judd Hirsch and Neska Rose. 

On 1/31/2023 at 2:38 PM, Craig H said:

Watched the first two episodes of Shrinking. I'm in love with it. If Ted Lasso does indeed end this year then Shrinking will take over for it nicely.

I'm almost caught up on watching this too. Got half way through the most recent episode last night. The highlight of it oddly has been Harrison Ford who makes his gruff personality charming in this. 

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

How has this show been?

Really, really good. It’s different than what I thought it would be. I thought each episode would be a whodunnit, but instead they show the murder first and work from there to have Lyonne’s character piece it all together. I didn’t think I would dig it not being a whodunnit, but it’s so well done.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Really, really good. It’s different than what I thought it would be. I thought each episode would be a whodunnit, but instead they show the murder first and work from there to have Lyonne’s character piece it all together. I didn’t think I would dig it not being a whodunnit, but it’s so well done.

It's straight up lifting Columbo's howsolveit format. Glad this is the kind of stuff Rian Johnson is using his clout on. 

• Like 5

On 2/7/2023 at 7:02 PM, Cobra Commander said:

Beavis and Butthead will be taking the dreaded "after South Park" deathslot starting this Wednesday as they'll be airing the episodes that have been on Paramount+ since August on cable TV for a few weeks.

So, in theory, people watching these episodes might get them hooked up for another season. But who really knows.

Catching up on South Park episodes and I didn't even know that there were new episodes of Beavis and  Butthead.  Hopefully they aren't as bad as the last re-do of it.   By the way the first episode of new season of South Park is a holy shit episode.  Cupid Cartman turning into Kayne and shooting arrows of anti-Semitism is fucked up.   You know if it is deep when even Cartman is the "good guy" in this.  

Ryan Seacrest announced this morning that he will be leaving Live with Kelly and Ryan

Ripa's husband, Mark Consuelos (who has occasionally filled in as co-host), will permanently replace Seacrest and the show will be renamed Live with Kelly and Mark

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Ryan Seacrest announced this morning that he will be leaving Live with Kelly and Ryan

Ripa's husband, Mark Consuelos (who has occasionally filled in as co-host), will permanently replace Seacrest and the show will be renamed Live with Kelly and Mark

Seacrest needs a ritual to strengthen the spirit of Dick Clark possessing him?

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah, that last part makes me wonder if he decided it was time to leave, or if he lost a power struggle.

I’m not basing that on anything except my general cynicism.  I don’t watch the show or hear anything about the show.  I’m not even certain I’d recognize Ryan Seacrest if he came to my door.

The way the story from People made it sound like was (and I am not watching the video) - he already stayed way longer than he originally planned and he really really was tired of coast to coast flying.

He said he was planning on moving back to California

He also said the decision wasn't really that difficult. 

I guess where I would be cynical is it really comes across as he was tired of working with Kelly

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I once got my car inspected at a place where the old man operating the shop was watching Regis and Kelly and commenting on how hilarious he found Regis to be. It’s been awhile so hopefully he’s still in business even if he might have switched mid-morning shows in his place by now.

Not sure if I should talk about it here or the documentary thread, but Full Swing on Netflix is so fucking good. I think it's immediately the best out of the sports drama series they have like Drive to Survive and Break Point if only because none of us are ever going to drive an F1 vehicle and only a few of us are going to go out and play tennis. Plus, they really did pick a hell of a time to start this series because it coincides with all of the LIV Golf shit so you get added drama from that.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I thought Strahan was still the co host. 

He left on short notice and apparently didn't tell Kelly ahead of time, this causing a rift in their relationship. 

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Regis is one of us if somebody here doesn't know, btw -- big wrestling fan, thus all the wrestler appearances over the years. 

The Live clip with Rick Rude popped up in an FB group this past week. You could tell Kathy Lee's discomfort and Regis' glee in said discomfort.

• Haha 1