DVDVR Message Board

2023 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Don't recall seeing it mentioned,  but there's going to be a MASH reunion on Fox Jan 1, with Alda, Farrell, Swit, Farr and Burghoff. I think that's everyone from main cast still alive. 

Doesn't Alda have significant health issues? 

16 hours ago, Robert S said:

Do they need a third season? The second season was already very uneven and pretty uninspired. They probably should have stopped with just doing the book.

The second season was the drizzling shits. You could tell how much Pratchett's voice was missing. Rather than focus on Aziraphale and Crowley, a better approach would have structured it around the book that Anathema Device throws away at the end of the book. . .

Bummed that Warrior is being cancelled at MAX. There's some talk that Netflix could do a season four if the show does well when it starts airing the first three seasons but I don't usually get too hopeful with talk like that.

Edited by blitzkrieg

43 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Slow Horses is back with its third season. On Apple Plus. One of the most enjoyable spy shows (and just shows) of the past few years.

I’m a few episodes into season 2, and I absolutely love the show. 

Dark Side of Comedy on Vice was really good this season. They just ended with a very touching episode on Gilda Radner, which I think was a great one to end on as it wasn't just enormously fucked. There was a lot of really interesting stuff that you don't hear about. Phil Hartman probably getting killed because he could just black out to remove himself from stressful situations with other people is one, for example, or Norm Macdonald's gambling which I had no idea about. The Tracy Morgan was really good too. And this is not exactly respectful but since he wasn't, I like someone who knew Sam Kinison on camera flat out saying that he was a misogynist who had no respect for women. The only unfortunate part is it wasn't a man; instead you get Mark Maron fawning over doing coke with him for days on end. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 12:18 AM, Greggulator said:

Slow Horses, Season 3 is absolutely classic. What a fantastic show. Gripping, intense and ultimately really fun. 

Loo kinda wish my wife wasn’t into this show, too. Then I could stop waiting on her to have time to watch with me and just start this season!

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic