DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-1-16

MGFanJay

So after the only heat in that women's match was the crowd chanting NXT when it looked like Sasha and Becky vs Naomi and Tamina which do you think was more likely;

1. Writer #22 smacks himself in the forehead when he realizes a "upstarts vs established veteran story was right there and only around 1000 times better then what they have done

or

2. Writer #22 slugs another shot because he or she suggested it and was verbally beat down by Vince for coming up with some dumb "wrasslin" idea.

Well there is zero chance Vince likes his accent

BINGO! I was waiting for someone to point this one out. AJ sounds like a redneck "rassler" from Georgia....not a "sports entertainment superstar."  Ugh...

The Brie thing I'm thinking is a stop-gap one off thing until after Fastlane. They will put Brie/Charlotte for the title on Fastlane to give Charlotte another successful title defense on her road to Mania, and Sasha/Becky vs. Naomi/Tamina will be on the pre-show. After Fastlane, they will resume the build to the triple threat match at Mania between Sasha/Becky/Charlotte

This was the feeling I got as well.

Speaking of which, I guess I'll pour a little something out for the official demise of Team BAD, my favorite out of all of the Diva Revolution~! factions.

For the record, Naomi was worlds better on the mic than Sasha last night.

I was just thinking last night how much it sucks for Naomi. Just as she found a gimmick that worked for her and her in ring work improves, the NXT girls get called up and its becomes blatantly obvious Naomi is going nowhere near the belt for at least another year or two.

I am more and more convinced they are putting Henry in the HOF this year with him retiring at Mania

Seriously this was a damn HOF video. If Henry isn't retiring & going in I'll be shocked, happy but shocked nonetheless.

Well the gimmick Naomi "found" was basically ripping off Sasha's gimmick in NXT. I just look at these results and lol. Do they want me to care about any of these people or any of these feuds? I caught the Miz/AJ segment, and my only takeaway was I really want to see Styles vs Bryan at Mania.

• Like 1

I'm the biggest Kevin Owens fan on the board, but this doesn't frustrate me as much as most people apparently.

It's just the usual trading wins bullshit they always do. Last week Owens won over Ziggler, this week it was the other way around. At Fastlane hopefully Owens wins the blow-off match.

I read somewhere that Owens is actually 7-2 against Dolph already. Which somehow makes it worse. Not only do they have one of the only over guys on the show wrestling Dolph every week in meaningless matches, but they finally give Dolph a clean win after establishing Owens as your upper card heel? On the build to Mania?

What a joke.

Going back to Dec. of last year all the way to last night: Owens/Ziggler have been trading wins and it currently stands at 3-2. Much like the Bray/Ambrose feud, I expect this to become 3-3 and the 'blow off' happen at Fast Lane. There are a lot of 'unofficial best of' series happening in WWE.

I am more and more convinced they are putting Henry in the HOF this year with him retiring at Mania

I do not want to think about the Mizzark retiring.

All I know is if Brie wins the Divas title, she better win it with a missile dropkick.

In proper Akira Hokuto / Kensuke Sasaki tradition, Brie will make Charlotte tap out to the Yes Lock.

In one pre-match segment:

• Big E called out Amber Rose calling out Kanye for his sexual proclivities, and Kofi started crooking his finger like he was massaging an imaginary prostate
  • A kid in a Bullet Club shirt did the Big E nasty dance and Kofi threatened to still fight said kid "out of love."
  • Xavier Woods called out Reigns/Ambrose slash fic writers

So yeah, I think we've hit Peak New Day, folks. I don't know how it gets better from here. 

• Like 5

In one pre-match segment:

• Big E called out Amber Rose calling out Kanye for his sexual proclivities, and Kofi started crooking his finger like he was massaging an imaginary prostate
  • A kid in a Bullet Club shirt did the Big E nasty dance and Kofi threatened to still fight said kid "out of love."
  • Xavier Woods called out Reigns/Ambrose slash fic writers

So yeah, I think we've hit Peak New Day, folks. I don't know how it gets better from here. 

I think Peak New Day will be some the RAW after MITB where New Day celebrates being the new MITB holder

So after the only heat in that women's match was the crowd chanting NXT when it looked like Sasha and Becky vs Naomi and Tamina which do you think was more likely;

1. Writer #22 smacks himself in the forehead when he realizes a "upstarts vs established veteran story was right there and only around 1000 times better then what they have done

or

2. Writer #22 slugs another shot because he or she suggested it and was verbally beat down by Vince for coming up with some dumb "wrasslin" idea.

Well there is zero chance Vince likes his accent

I can see Triple H showed Vince a highlight video of AJ of all his spots and Vince was like "ok, yeah there's something"

At the meeting

HI, I'M VINCE MCMAHON.

HI VINCE, I'M AJ, HOW YA'LL DOIN.

Paul...a word...

Georgia...for Christ's sake are you trying to kill me?

• Like 4

I didn't really mind the women's booking that much, other than Brie pinning Charlotte. Surely there's a better way to establish her as the #1 contender. It looks like they're headed for Charlotte vs. Sasha (and maybe Becky) at Mania, so they just need some filler for Fast Lane. Charlotte/Brie and BAE/BAD are fine in that regard. They could go several different ways with the Sasha/Becky team and have it be good.

The main event angle is actually pretty good. Really looking forward to the Dean/Brock interaction. The only thing dragging it down is the "Wyatt interference, Roman wins" finish feeling so inevitable. Roman totally feels like the 3rd wheel right now too.

Of all the people that got wins that shouldn't have on this show, the one that bothered me the most was The Usos over the Social Outcasts. The roster is so thin right now, you might as well see what you've got with the Outcasts. If even one of them becomes relevant again, it's a huge win. The Usos are what they are and aren't going to change any time soon.

The Brie thing I'm thinking is a stop-gap one off thing until after Fastlane. They will put Brie/Charlotte for the title on Fastlane to give Charlotte another successful title defense on her road to Mania, and Sasha/Becky vs. Naomi/Tamina will be on the pre-show. After Fastlane, they will resume the build to the triple threat match at Mania between Sasha/Becky/Charlotte

This was the feeling I got as well.

Speaking of which, I guess I'll pour a little something out for the official demise of Team BAD, my favorite out of all of the Diva Revolution~! factions.

For the record, Naomi was worlds better on the mic than Sasha last night.

I was just thinking last night how much it sucks for Naomi. Just as she found a gimmick that worked for her and her in ring work improves, the NXT girls get called up and its becomes blatantly obvious Naomi is going nowhere near the belt for at least another year or two.

What really sucks is that every time Naomi has ever gotten anywhere close to the belt, she's kinda had the rug pulled out from under her(Aksana breaking her face/Paige coming in and pretty much stealing her title shot at Nikki).