DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 9/10/15

victor

* Dark match: The Dudley Boyz defeated Brad Maddox and Heath Slater.

* Ryback vs. Seth Rollins in a Lumberjack Match plus Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Jimmy Uso vs. The New Day is announced for later tonight.

* SmackDown kicks off with The Wyatt Family. Luke Harper and Bray Wyatt cut promos on Reigns and Ambrose. The segment ends with Braun Strowman yelling “run!”

* Cesaro defeated The Miz with a Sharpshooter.

* Backstage interview with Jimmy Uso, Reigns and Ambrose.

* Paige vs. Sasha Banks. Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Naomi and Tamina Snuka have been ejected from ringside. A big brawl breaks out when Paige and Sasha refuse to return to the ring. Out come the divas that were ejected. The referees try to break it up.

* Seth Rollins is interviewed backstage. Sheamus interrupts and the two exchange words.

* The New Day vs. Reigns, Ambrose and Uso. The match ends when a graphic flashes and the lights go out. When they come back on The Wyatts have Uso on the stage. When Reigns and Ambrose run up the stage, the lights go out again. When they come back on The Wyatts are gone, and Uso is laid out.

* The Ascension defeated The Lucha Dragons. After the match, Cosmic Wasteland beats down The Lucha Dragons until Neville makes the save

* Backstage interview with Nikki Bella. She is interrupted by Charlotte and the two exchange words.

* Seth Rollins defeated Ryback in a Lumberjack Match. Lots of outside interference from the lumberjacks. SmackDown ends with Rollins holding up both titles.

I like that Cesaro won with a Sharpshooter against The Miz who does the figure-four leglock badly. Maybe they can give him an actual title reign and have Bret Hart consider him "the type of wrestler Stu Hart would have liked" or something.

Oh who am I kidding -- Cesaro is about as well regarded as Damien Sandow at this point by the WWE.

Oh who am I kidding -- Cesaro is about as well regarded as Damien Sandow at this point by the WWE.

Cesaro is on TV weekly, Damien Sandow is seemingly close to being future endevored. Pretty sure Cesaro is good. Besides as the great Nikki Bella once said wins and losses do not matter

• Like 1

So the WWE Legion of Doom of Stardust and the shitty shitty shitty Ascension is now called Cosmic Wasteland and the Neville / Lucha Dragons that make up the WWE Justice League of America faction has yet to get a name.

Cesaro is on TV weekly, Damien Sandow is seemingly close to being future endevored. Pretty sure Cesaro is good. Besides as the great Nikki Bella once said wins and losses do not matter

Sandow get screwed when the whole Hogan stuff went down - even more so than Axel.

That being said - I think he is well liked by the company since it seems like he always does what is asked of him to the best of his abilities and doesn't complain. So I think he is good their unless he just asks for his release.

Sandow get screwed when the whole Hogan stuff went down - even more so than Axel.

That being said - I think he is well liked by the company since it seems like he always does what is asked of him to the best of his abilities and doesn't complain. So I think he is good their unless he just asks for his release.

I think the WWE sees him as the current version of Santino and that's his peak. Which, to be fair, is a great role to be in with WWE. Whereas I think WWE (read: Vince) sees Cesaro as someone who is in the upper midcard level of being above the IC/US title but below the WWE WHC title. An area that's filled by the Wyatts, Ambrose, Show, Miz, Owens. Cesaro's biggest problem is Rollins is the WWE WHC. If Sting wins the belt and keeps it for a time, I could see Cesaro being the gatekeeper for Sting or they could wait till after Mania and have Cesaro be the gatekeeper to Reigns, then if Reigns flops as champ, they can hotshot it onto a heel and Cesaro would be the next face in line for the belt

So the WWE Legion of Doom of Stardust and the shitty shitty shitty Ascension is now called Cosmic Wasteland and the Neville / Lucha Dragons that make up the WWE Justice League of America faction has yet to get a name.

I've got $20 on LDN.

Team LDN, surely? Besides which, the Lucha Dragons are from Mexico (I think Kalisto is American really), and Neville is from Newcastle. None of them are from anywhere near London. And LDN is already the name of a Wrestling promotion. And a song:

NLD is better. Next Level Domination (or Destruction).

The brawl was fun, but am I the only one who found the camera angles to be a little nausiating. Like they used some really akward close up's and combine that with the usual Kevin Dunn jitterness it made it physically hard to watch when they were on the floor. Too bad they didn't do the brawl on RAW though.

Speaking of RAW, did they show the entire main event because of the low ratings the other night?

The Paige/Sasha thing confused the hell out of me. Paige was selling/had an eye injury and then anger-speared Sasha and they fell out of the ring. They brawled at ringside and the cameramen had a stroke by the looks of it. Then, in the TV equivalent of peripheral vision, we saw another referee run down, with the first nowhere to be seen. It cut back to a wide shot and both refs were there, Team BAD ran down, and THEN the bell rang for the no contest. Confusing as shit.

The brawl was fun, but am I the only one who found the camera angles to be a little nausiating. Like they used some really akward close up's and combine that with the usual Kevin Dunn jitterness it made it physically hard to watch when they were on the floor. Too bad they didn't do the brawl on RAW though.

Speaking of RAW, did they show the entire main event because of the low ratings the other night?

I actually kinda liked the close-ups, they were a little jarring, to be sure, but it felt like someone trying to shoot wrestling a little different because, let's face it, they've been shooting it the exact same way for a long time now.  I thought it made things seem more out of control.

That New Day-Uso/Ambrose/Reigns match was terrific by the way.  Super fun.