DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Adam Rose is an example of a gimmick that works in a small venue getting lost in the big shows. Bo Dallas was called up to be a mid-card comedy act and he's done just fine it that role. Not every call up is designated for a run with the strap.

Not everyone of these call ups will work. Let's give them a little slack here. This whole system for them is new. They haven't done it until two years ago.

Has anyone else beyond Emma failed? Summer Rae hasn't done much but that is more she hasn't had anything to do until this Rusev angle, which has been wonderful. The Ascension suck but they sucked in NXT, too.

The track record of call-ups is really fantastic.

Adam Rose? Bo Dallas?

I forgot about Adam Rose. But they used him just as he was in NXT. It didn't work. What can you do?

Bo Dallas is wonderful. He is a great stooge comedy heel.

Let's not kid ourselves. Emma is Dancing Homer going to Capital City to replace the Capital City Goofball and the big city folks not buying her shit

That makes Nikki the Capital City Goofball, right?

918.jpg

Well she does do that booty twirl during her entrances.

Should Rose really count?  They debuted the new gimmick in March of 2014 and he was on Raw 30 days later.  It's not like they had a lot of time to flesh it out.

They sure changed the music to make it a lot harder for the fans to chant along with it.

• Like 1

The Ascension suck but they sucked in NXT, too.

I miss the Ascension when they actually had a cool, White Wolf-ish back story....

They dropped all pretense of character building when they let go the fast guy (after the unfortunate DUI).

NXT HOME-RUNS: Bray Wyatt (Upper card heel still has main event potential); Kevin Owens (Has been on the roster for three months and is totally accepted by crowd as a main eventer, hence success); Luke Harper (Had a fun IC run, believable as a tag guy or enforcer); Neville (Believable as a main-eventer, mid-carder, what have you); Rusev (Looks to be a main eventer for a long time to come); Paige (Provided she keeps her head on straight, she has the ability to be a top diva for a good decade, is totally accepted by the fans); 

NXT SUCCESSES: Bo Dallas (Perfectly acceptable mid-card heel); Xavier Woods (His NXT gimmick kinda sputtered but he's morphed into one of the most entertaining heels on the show); Tyson Kidd (He wasn't an NXT guy, but he rebuilt his career in NXT, leading him to a tag title run); Lana (The gimmick was a success, splitting her off from Rusev was the mistake, she could fall into one of the lower categories in time, though that's not really on her NXT development); Sasha Banks (Looks like a surefire success, could still be a fumble, but WWE has a lot of belief in her); Charlotte (Crowd has accepted her without question, you can tell Vince is a fan, she's likely going to be a huge success for a long time)

NXT EHHHHS: Erick Rowan (Brief push, followed by middling run, then injury); Kalisto (He's not a failure or success yet, but he pops the crowd); Konnor (He's not really a failure yet, he's just...there); Viktor (Like Konnor, he's not really a success or a failure yet); Becky (I doubt she'll be a failure, but she's had the least development of any of the NXT revolution divas);

NXT FAILURES: Emma (Evil Emma probably isn't going to fare much better); Adam Rose (His gimmick failed, but I think he's going to get another shot); 

Realistically, that's only two failures, with a couple who could fall into that category (Ascension, Lana, Rowan?), versus 6 home runs and 6 successes.  I'd say that's a pretty good batting average (And I'm not including guys like Shield/Big E who were NXT guys who had their gimmicks changed upon coming up).

Assuming they go forward with Sasha dropping the title at Barclays, the best role Evil Emma serves is as a first challenger for Bayley until Dana Brooke is where NXT wants her to be.

I have no idea how good Bayley-Dana Brooke would be, but the storytelling before and during the match writes itself.

Adam Rose would have done better on the main roster as Leon Kruger, though to do it right might not have been very PG.

Is Leon Kruger Leo's nice twin?

You guys.

What if Bayley loses?

Sasha starts on about how she's the REAL women's champion in WWE, instafeud with Nikki. Becky wins the NXT belt on the RAW before Night of Champions, Sasha wins the belt from Nikki at NoC, Sasha taunts Becky for months, costs her the NXT Women's title to Evil Emma/Dana Brooke/Eva Marie/Alexa Bliss and then Sasha dodges Becky while defending against everyone else.

Also if Bayley loses, I rather it be from interference from Team BAD because I feel NXT needs Tamina superkicking the women

You guys.

What if Bayley loses?

Bring Sting in as her mentor.  Do a couple segments with Sting training her for a rematch.  Then have her turn heel on Sting (he's due).

Then Bayley starts working under a hood as the new Black Scorpion.

This stuff writes itself.

So your the person who fantasy booked Emma and Santino together...

I fantasy booked that. Did you see the Emma/Santino vs. Summer/Fandango match from NXT? It's one of my all-time favorite NXT matches. Great comedy match and you can see why someone would say, "Hey, we need that as an opening match on a b-level PPV."